• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doomsday

Hmm...

http://www.doomsdayiscoming.com/

Hmm was all this film warrants too.

Christ, do we have to do this crap all over again? Wasn't the crap of the past enough?

Oh but wait, now we have a nice new designer virus as the enemy. Oh like that will make the tired plot less tiring.

Lets see, we'll see spike haired yahoo hard rockin nasties grunting their complicated parts out. Yawn.

Oh and there will be the cheesy uber team that has to go into the oh so dreadful bad zone and cap off some baddies.

I'm sure something will go "horribly wrong" thus making the plot more interersting (not).

Might even be an impossibly sexy broad inserted into the film somewhere so she can later parade nude in men's magazines as "the broad from Doomsday".

IT'S BEEN *******ED WELL GONE ALREADY DAMNIT!!!

Can't movie makers even think? Are script writers truly this talentless?
    Is the movie going public truly this easily shovelled garbage?
    Didn't England give us Shakespeare?
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

It being Neil Marshall, I'll be keeping an eye on this. From the behind the scenes thing, it looks like they're trying to do an awful lot in one movie.
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Funny - that guy looks a lot like one of my old First Sergeants...

I wonder why the only concept for people in an apocalyptic future is that of a heavy metal punker? It hasn't changed since Road Warrior.

Time to upgrade the film concepts and enter the 21st century, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
          ...It hasn't changed since Road Warrior...
          Thats the idea I guess.

Originally posted by wikipedia
          Director Neil Marshall originally came up with the idea of Doomsday by having a vision of "a futuristic action warrior fighting a knight in armor". The concept came to him as he was driving through the country side in Carlisle. He was inspired by the ruins of Hadrian's Wall when he began to wonder "what situation would have to occur to have that wall rebuilt in the future. Then the virus thing came into it." The story development was also influenced by post-apocalyptic thriller films that Marshall had grown up watching, including Mad Max (1979) and The Road Warrior (1981). Marshall also cited other films for inspiration: Escape from New York (1981), Metalstorm (1983), and The Warriors (1979). In October 2005, Rogue Pictures signed Marshall to direct Doomsday. In November 2006, actress Rhona Mitra was signed to star in Doomsday as the leader of the elite team. Production began on 9 February 2007 in South Africa. On 1 May 2007, filming in the UK commenced at Scotland's Blackness Castle for a ten-day shoot. Filming also took place in Cape Town and Glasgow. The majority of filming took place in South Africa, with several scenes filmed outside the country in Glasgow.

A massive car chase scene was also filmed for Doomsday, described by Marshall to be one part Mad Max, one part Bullitt (1968), and one part "something else entirely different". The film also contains the director's trademark gore and violence from previous films, including a scene where a character is cooked alive and eaten.

Comment

"Christ, do we have to do this crap all over again? Wasn't the crap of the past enough?"

Precisely why I said the above in my first post. I couldn't care less if the creator of Doomsday was inspired by the dumbass low forehead moron "classics" of my youth and his.

There's a limit to how many times I want the same **** flogged.

It's not like it always has to be friggin metaloid mutant rockers, couldn't they think of something radically new?

Why not something freaky like genetically altered children that because of an experiment gone wrong, became incredibly smart, but also psycho killers.
            Or housepets that have suddenly decided they want humans to be the pets.
            Or appliances suddenly self aware thanks to a breakthrough in AI.

Undead zombies and mutant rockers is about as fresh as meat that has been left in the sun for a week. And about as appealing.
            This film likely won't even be worth it as a download.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this film...I love that "crap"
              When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
              Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                Why not something freaky like genetically altered children that because of an experiment gone wrong, became incredibly smart, but also psycho killers.
                Or housepets that have suddenly decided they want humans to be the pets.
                Or appliances suddenly self aware thanks to a breakthrough in AI.
                Its been done before and probably as a Sci-Fi Channel Original Movie.

Comment

Undead zombies and mutant rockers is about as fresh as meat that has been left in the sun for a week. And about as appealing.
                  This film likely won't even be worth it as a download.
                  Technically, they don't seem to be undead zombies.

That and his movie Dog Soldiers was actually a very enjoyable (good directing, cinematography, editing, and in certain aspects writing) Werewolf film.
                  “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
                    Its been done before and probably as a Sci-Fi Channel Original Movie.
                    Somehow, that actually doesn't shock me

Dog Soldiers, didn't care for it myself.

Maybe I've just lived to long, and have run out of themes for films to be able to be entertained any more. I suppose movies of today are only fresh if you're under 20.

Comment

Somehow, that actually doesn't shock me

Dog Soldiers, didn't care for it myself.

Maybe I've just lived to long, and have run out of themes for films to be able to be entertained any more. I suppose movies of today are only fresh if you're under 20.
                      Well, there are after all only, what is it 13 archetypes for stories?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X