Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee's `Enter the Dragon' to Get Remake

Lee's `Enter the Dragon' to Get Remake

HONG KONG (AP) -- Bruce Lee's classic 1973 film, ''Enter the Dragon,'' will be remade by Warner Bros.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

I have to admit I rarely go to the movies anymore, and I think that Hollywood seems to have run out of ideas and keeps remaking old movies. I think the original one was so cool, so I have my doubts the remake will be able to match the original. I also don't watch many current Kung Fu movies, so I really can't say if they are good or not, but I just think there was something about Bruce Lee that really made that movie what it was, and whoever plays his part probably won't be able to match his performance.

Too bad they don't have Kung Fu Theater on USA Channel anymore.

"Get three coffins ready" The Man With No Name

Comment

For goodness's sake, can't Hollywood come up with something original? I'm getting quite sick of remakes and sequels, or movies with storylines that seemed oddly familiar somehow.

Comment

Can't top original. Bolo Yeung was interviewed recently & said he knew Bruce well before Dragon was made. They did commercials & such together. Bruce once told him he would throw several kicks at him & to try & block em, Bolo said he couldn't block any. & on the set of Dragon a kid said to Bruce; I don't think you're really that tough. Bruce told him, ok, come on, let's have a go. The kid swung at him & Bruce blocked all his punches, then sidekicked him & put him down.

Many yrs ago I took Kung Fu, & my teacher mentioned meeting Bruce once & said same thing, you got halfway across, & pop, you were blocked & given a short slap.

Comment

Not all remakes are bad. If it wasn't for Pete Jackson, we would still be stuck with that awful 70's version of LOTR.

The only difference here though is that ETD is just fine anyways.

Comment

Ya. I love LOTR trilogy.

But King Kong was a wee bit long for my taste. Wish he had taken a whole big chunk out of the front and middle. Character development is fine ... but only if those characters you spend time developing don't die off very quickly.

There IS a remake I'm looking forward to: The Dambusters (by Peter Jackson again! Is he the king of remakes or what?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
              Ya. I love LOTR trilogy.

There IS a remake I'm looking forward to: The Dambusters (by Peter Jackson again! Is he the king of remakes or what?)
              I'm hoping they make a remake of "Waterworld" and spend twice as much money on the remake. I think if they spend twice the money this time, it might be twice as successful as the original.

Last edited by Sgt. Rock; 27 Aug 07, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Rock View Post
                I'm hoping they make a remake of "Waterworld" and spend twice as much money on the remake. I think if they spend twice the money this time, it might be twice as successful as the original.

Not only that, it must be twice as long!

Comment

Next to no chance

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                  Ya. I love LOTR trilogy.

But King Kong was a wee bit long for my taste. Wish he had taken a whole big chunk out of the front and middle. Character development is fine ... but only if those characters you spend time developing don't die off very quickly.

I was very less than impressed with Jackson's version of King Kong. I think it was grossly overdone and overworked to the point of being nauseating. Modern special effects notwithstanding, for me, both the original and the 70's remake were better.

I'm not a Lord of the Rings fan, and couldn't be bothered watching those. I tried to sit through one and after half an hour, couldn't take any more. Not because of who made it but simply because I just don't like that sort of thing.

I hope to have my faith restored with Jackson's version of 'The Dambusters'. We'll see.

As for 'Enter The Dragon', they might make a slicker and more polished movie than any of the 60's and 70's martial arts flicks but for my money, they'd have next to no chance of finding anyone to equal Bruce Lee.
                  "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
                  Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

The trick to watching LOTR is to watch it on DVD, and jump to only the battle scenes! That's what I do all the time. The only time I watched LOTR on screen, I fell asleep through parts of the movie.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X