Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T pol will be in Starship troopers 3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T'pol
    Last edited by Purple fang; 07 Aug 07, 05:05.

A. your link isn't a link, and B, where did you here this? It wasn't at the link.

And of course lastly. As both Starship Troopers 1, and 2 were worthless crap, I don't think I will be getting excited if the actress that played T-Pol appears in it.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I know, I goofed round with that link 4 times. Um, it mentioned her in the link though.

Jolene Blalock To Star in Starship Troopers 3
      Posted by Sean on June 25th, 2007
      Filed under: Movies
      Source: Moviehole

Ah yes, the perils of starring in a sci-fi TV series… once you enter that particular realm of fandom, it’s pretty damn hard to leave it behind. After a short stint on Stargate SG-1, Jolene Blalock went on star in the most recent Star Trek series Enterprise as the Vulcan hottie Commander T’Pol. Since the cancellation of Enterprise she has appeared in a couple of low budget horror movies, but now she is about to make a triumphant return in the upcoming film… Starship Troopers 3? Ouch. I never did see the second Starship Troopers flick, but I heard it was a true direct to DVD dud. Now with writer Ed Neumeier slated to make his directorial debut on part 3, I can’t see it being much better. On the plus side, Blalock is easy on the eyes, and her presence alone will probably draw in more sci-fi geeks than the second one. The official title is Starship Troopers: Marauder, and it also features Casper Van Dien reprising his role as Johnny Rico. What do you think, will this actually be worth watching? I wouldn’t put any money on it, but I can’t help being a little bit curious.

Share This Story With Others:

Share on Facebook | Add to Digg | Add to del.icio.us | Add to Bloodee

More Related Posts:

» Starship Troopers 3 In The Works
      » PC Demos of Starship Troopers, Brothers In Arms 2, More
      » Drop It: Robocop Remake Dead On Arrival

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Reader Comments:
      Henrik
      June 25th, 2007 13:02 1The second one was directed by Phil Tippet. At least Ed Neumeier is more concerned with the satirical aspects of the story and the universe than the effects. It could be watchable. I’m sure he’s consulting Paul Verhoeven.

Jay C.
      June 25th, 2007 13:06 2Phil Tippet is hardly a hack though. He’s had his hands in some of the best effects movies ever made.

Henrik
      June 25th, 2007 13:43 3Yeah but he didn’t direct any of them right? I didn’t see the 2nd one, but the thing that makes me love Starship Troopers so much isn’t the effects as much as the satire.

Sean
      June 25th, 2007 13:48 4Well, who would you rather have direct… an experienced visual effects guy or a screenwriter? I think I’d go with the visual effects guy personally, but I guess it depends on the movie really.

Henrik
      June 25th, 2007 13:56 5Well… It does depend on the movie, but wouldn’t you agree that Starship Troopers has a unique ‘edge’ or at least has content that makes it rise above an average effects extravaganza? That makes me think that maybe Neumeier could do something worthwhile with the movie. He could make it even more about the content than the original, since the budget won’t be enough to justify focusing on effects, which could be a problem with the Phil Tippet movie.

It’s weird though… Was the first one not a financial success? Everybody I know loves the movie, even people where the whole satire-aspect just goes above their heads and they feel like screaming “YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER” along with JR, charging to get rid of the intergalactic bug threat. They should just have made a Verhoeven-directed franchise of it.

Rian
      June 26th, 2007 01:41 6Starship Troopers 2 was a large pile of **** encased in rotting garbage. Casper Van Dien’s return sounds nice, but by no means makes me believe for a second that this film will be anywhere near the quality of the first one. You can count me out until I hear something solid about number 3.

Leave a Comment
      Name (required)

Mail (will not be published) (required)

Website
      Enter verification phrase "nospam" below:

About Us | Archives | Podcast | Links

Web Film Junk

Download Film Junk Podcast for Aug. 6, 2007
      Reviews of The Bourne Ultimatum, Hot Rod and Underdog, Top 5 Movie Trailers, Matt Damon vs Ben Affleck.
      » Download MP3 | Podcast Feed | Show Notes

Film Junk Video Review #3 - Dangeriabolik
      In this edition of the Film Junk Video Review, Jay looks at Mario Bava’s classic Italian comic book adaptation, Dangeriabolik.

More Video Podcasts...

Must See DVD Audio Review - They Live
      Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoeni...
      Transformers
      Must See DVD - Demons
      Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
      Must See DVD - Riki Oh a.k.a. The Story ...
      Must See DVD - Gymkata
      Spider-Man 3

More Movie Reviews...

Film Junk's Top 100 Movies of All Time
      Entourage: Why Does It Suddenly Suck?
      Five Reasons Why Comic Book Movies are Bad for the M...
      America's Least Wanted: Movies That Still Aren't Ava...
      My Life as an Escape From L.A. Fan (or Why Fans of G...

More Features...

Ian on Sean's Top 100 Movies
      Ian on Jay's Top 100 Movies
      davidchili on Michel Gondry's Be Kind Rewind Trailer from Comic Con
      Extra on J.J. Abrams To Beam Up Tom Cruise in Star Trek XI?
      TomCruz on J.J. Abrams To Beam Up Tom Cruise in Star Trek XI?

More Recent Comments...

Album | DVD | Movie | Video Game | Concerts

» Hated: GG Allin & The Murder Junkies - Special Edition DVD
      » J.L. Aronson?s ?Up On the Roof?
      » TIFF to Feature New Docs From Herzog, MacDonald, and Barbet Schroeder
      » Errol Morris Photo Blog
      » Still From My Interview With Mayor Ted Salci

» Belaire - Don't Delay, Participate!
      » Stereo Image - Red Nights
      » Bloc Party - Cavaliers and Roundheads
      » Hot Hot Heat - Give Up
      » The Rentals - Life Without a Brain

» Website of the Week: Upside Down Text Tool
      » Hot Summer Nights
      » Together They?re Heavy
      » Busy
      » The Sopranos: Open Ended Finales Are For Suckers

Comment

Well, the next sequel is another foregone loser. For the record, there were no - I repeat NO - women in Heinlein's outstanding book from which these truly awful movies have arisen. Females were pilots, remember? Faster and smarter than guys? Guys were grunts, executioners - "the sleepy looking guys in the ranks" - the Cap Troopers.

The rumored casting of T pol indicates a desperate desire to bolster chances for an already lousy film before it's even out, and BTW, I'm tired of the same old alien arachnoidish monsters with the Darwiningly impossible jaws. Hire a good othodontist and move on.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

No! No! No! No! No! Stop making movies! He only wrote one book and you killed it! For the love of God, STOP!
          And it's over the mountain and over the Main,
          Through Gibralter, to France and Spain.
          Pit a feather tae your bonnet, and a kilt aboon your knee,
          Enlist my bonnie laddie and come awa with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
            A. your link isn't a link, and B, where did you here this? It wasn't at the link.

And of course lastly. As both Starship Troopers 1, and 2 were worthless crap, I don't think I will be getting excited if the actress that played T-Pol appears in it.
            Believe me, Aries, I hate bad acting. But I love the first Starship Troopers movie because I think it did a great job portraying a future version of the WWII era recruitment posters and news reels. Also, in the spirit of the book (which, I might add, is on the Navy's professional reading list), the first movie dealt with the concepts of service and citizenship. Even if you didn't like the movies, I encourage you to read the book. I am reading it now and I promise it's not nearly as corny as the movies. I haven't seen Starship 2 though, so I can't argue about that.
            To whispers of Beethoven...

"Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
            -Werner Pluskat

Comment

It's because the book was good that the films are such an offense.

If the book had never been written, people likely would be less annoyed.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Well I'm sorry you feel that way!
                To whispers of Beethoven...

"Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
                -Werner Pluskat

Comment

He is not the only one. The book was visionary and worthy of Heinlein The Master.

The film was crap and unworthy of anything except a trip to the dumpster.

Sadly, they spent enough money to have made a truly worthwhile film, but the director and cast just couldn't overcome the Follywood Syndrome, the desperate need to cheapen and degrade whatever project is undertaken. The mere presence of the mixed nude shower scene is enough to forever consign this piece of garbage to Movie Hell.

BTW - since everyone is drooling and losing bowel cocntrol over T-pol, can we assume that she will carry the blame for the next film's failure as well?
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X