Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valkyrie (Tom Cruise to play Stauffenberg)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valkyrie (Tom Cruise to play Stauffenberg)

From Dark Horizon's

United Artists Entertainment has announced the kick off of shooting today in Berlin on "Valkyrie," a suspense thriller based on the true story of a plot by German officers to assassinate Hitler in 1944.

Superstar Tom Cruise heads an international cast as Col. Claus von Stauffenberg, the aristocratic German officer who led the heroic attempt to bring down the Nazi regime and end the war by planting a bomb in Hitler's bunker. Also starring are Kenneth Branagh (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets), Bill Nighy (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End), Tom Wilkinson (In the Bedroom), Carice van Houten (Black Book), Eddie Izzard (Ocean's Thirteen), Christian Berkel (Black Book), Thomas Kretschmann (King Kong), and Terrence Stamp (Billy Budd, Superman, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace).
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070719a.php

Could be an interesting flick, although one wonders how true to history this will be?
    Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Lol Doc S. is gonna have some competition on the eye patch front

Bryan Singer is directing so it might turn quite good actually, although Cruise playing an aristocratic german officer...I don't know.

Comment

German government has a beef with Cruise cause his religion has shed light on some unpleasant events of the past. One wonder why these "doctors" were not hung at Nuremberg, instead shipped to the USA for further employment. Operation paperclip was the vehicle of travel for these creeps.

Many of these German "professors" and psychiatrists came to the USA after the war, being "ignored" as the true criminals they were, and actually were given posts in major colleges and universities. They still believe what they have always believed, although they have changed their tactics and thereby remain hidden and free from ridicule. Their notions also predominate modern "scientific" views and have come to be the accepted modern view of Man. Operation Paperclip is the name of the program involving the secreting of Nazi scientists out of Germany after World War II.

It was psychiatrists who established the first concentration camps in Germany (e.g., Dachau) and the first ovens for ridding the Reich of useless eaters, homosexuals and others who were alleged to be genetically inferior, and it was psychiatrists in Germany (e.g., Ernst Rudin), England, the United States and elsewhere who did the early "scientific" spadework for Hitler, for example, on Jewish and Negro inherent personalities and on the necessity to purify the human race with eugenics.
      Last edited by Purple fang; 19 Jul 07, 14:11.

Comment

Translation: Hollywood had to totally mis-cast Cruise to be sure of drawing an audience. Lots of better stars to play a German officer.

Even worse, the ending is obvious before it's even filmed.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
          Lol Doc S. is gonna have some competition on the eye patch front

He's not a patch on me.

(geddit?)

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

First Battle of Britain, now the July 20th plot? Goodness gracious, will someone please stop Tom Cruise before he defile anymore historical heroes!

Comment

There must be a handfull of German actors who could be used. Please?..
              AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
              The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post

Agreed. But really, what was the last Hollywood movie where the ending wasn't obvious? And yet...the turnstiles keep on spinning.

I would rather see a movie about the plot where it succeeds...and explore that through the use of film.
                Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Eddie Izzard!! How serious can this be??

This movie could be interesting for all the wrong reasons.
                  Wolster

Comment

Even though I am not afraid to say I like some early Cruise movies, the truth is, this movie is so devoid of interest value I doubt I could care who played the part and whether they get the history correct.

Fact 1 people wanted Hitler dead.

Fact 2 plenty tried, and plenty died.

Fact 3 Hitler died from an overdose of Russians
                    Life is change. Built models for decades.
                    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                      Dont be so sure, this is he Hollywood version you know. Just look at their history of how the Enigma was "captured"...
                      Anyway, the movie on Hitlers last day (The Downfall), also had sort of a predictable ending, but it turned really nice. A great movie that I can recommend.

Anyone seen the German Stauffenberg movie by any chance?
                      "The secret of war lies in the communications" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
                        Eddie Izzard!! How serious can this be??

This movie could be interesting for all the wrong reasons.
                        He's actually been doing some very good serious acting lately.
                        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ogukuo72 View Post
                          First Battle of Britain, now the July 20th plot? Goodness gracious, will someone please stop Tom Cruise before he defile anymore historical heroes!
                          TC is going to be in a movie about the Battle of Britain?
                          Kampfgruppe - A war gaming clan since 1998

Comment

I heard it was a Flying Tigers movie he was supposed to be in the near future??????

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                              Even though I am not afraid to say I like some early Cruise movies, the truth is, this movie is so devoid of interest value I doubt I could care who played the part and whether they get the history correct.

Fact 1 people wanted Hitler dead.

Fact 2 plenty tried, and plenty died.

Fact 3 Hitler died from an overdose of Russians
                              Actually, he suffered an acute dose of lead poisoning, self-administered...along with something he ate.

The Allies needn't have woprried; Herr Doctur Morell would have finished killing him for them in another year or so, anyway.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X