why i hate iron eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why i hate iron eagle

enough polluting my semi-serious 'red dawn' thread... a movie which, despite the cheese, still has some decent conversation fodder..

my own fault for bringing up 'iron eagle'. please post all rants about that awful movie here and let it rot in VHS hell....
    be careful... what you shoot at... most things in here don't react too well to bullets...

Iron Eagle turds

Don't you just feel that Louis Gossett Jr., "Chappy," took the 'Officer and a Gentleman' thing too far?

Iron Eagle was the poor man's Top Gun. I did think it was the **** though. Who wouldn't fly an F-16 over to some Arab country to rescue their dad? I'm sure it happens all the time....

Comment

dude- iron eagle did for the USAF what Firefox did for the Red Air Force...

at least firefox could be taken somewhat seriously..

i'll bet those commie bastards laughed their asses off when they saw two pimplefaced geeks set firecrackers off in the hangar, just to watch the zoomies crap themselves...

and then... there's the Hades bomb... the worst insult to my intelligence since the "boo-bah's"...
      Last edited by stepdogg77; 12 Jul 07, 11:25.
      be careful... what you shoot at... most things in here don't react too well to bullets...

Comment

The first was like the first Rambo, it was ok, then it became sequels and sucked larger than I would have thought possible.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

IMHO the only thing that didn't suck in "Iron Eagle" was the music soundtrack.

Cheers,
          Dave
          Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

I thought it was f**king awesome when I was 8-10 years old, Forget when I first saw it.

You could also replace "Generic Arab Dictators" with "Boobies" for any of the various Dona Speir movies that they've been running on Spike TV late at night.

Comment

The plot sucked.

The special effects were cheesey.

The whole concept was hilariously dumb.

Abbot and Costello Go Top War...
              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

This movie was made for recruitment inot the US Air Force, which it did, but the movie itself wasn't. The movie is known for having some of the most unrealistic prop explosions in history. When the enemy Kfirs explode, wooden parts of a mock-up model splintering are clearly seen. When an F-16 explodes, you can see clearly they are using the explosion of the Kfirs instead. The capabilities of the F-16 as depicted in the film are also unrealistic - for example, Doug uses the F-16's 20mm cannon to obliterate large targets including a control tower building which erupts into a massive fireball, although 20mm shells only contain small bursting charges that create shrapnel. In a scene toward the end of the movie Doug creates a wall of flame across a runway using the "Hades Bomb," a completely fictional weapon that does not exist in the U.S. Air Force inventory. He also fires an AGM-65 Maverick missile while on the ground, which is not possible in real life - the F-16's weapon system is inhibited by a pressure sensor in the nosegear.

Numerous continuity errors are also present including constantly changing weapon loadouts on the F-16's and the aircraft type switching between single seat F-16A models and two-seat F-16B models within the same flight sequence.

I rest my case...oh yeah, this is wiki's way of saying what I wanted to, but theyt make it more clearier.
                I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post

I rest my case...oh yeah, this is wiki's way of saying what I wanted to, but theyt make it more clearier.
                  i thought i read that somewhere else....

Comment

Well, I bought the DVD for 5.00 a while back and learned a bit of useless trivia from it. Seems the USAF didn't want any piece of it once they read the script so the F-16's in the film are repained IDF ones.
                    Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X