No announcement yet.

Red Dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok what can I say ???? It was a fun movie when I first seen it, back on the ship... and it got us all pumped up...but second time around ...it lost its gloss.I truly think that that small band realistically would have soon been anyone who could carry a gun and everyone would be shooting at Russian and Cuban invaders at some point not just that little bunch of schoolboys and girls. Partisan activities in an ivasion of the US would make the ones in Russia against the Germans seem small. Like my buddies around here say,,,,"The enemy could never take and hold cities like LA , and Chicago or NYC.....to many Gangbangers with better weapons than the army!"
    I don't hate the movie...I just find it campy now....
    The second Amendment....a good deterrent to keep folks from invading us!
    My 2 schillings worth!
    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

they can have my gun when they pry it from my cold, dead hands....
      be careful... what you shoot at... most things in here don't react too well to bullets...

Comment

What about a game that continues the saga?

Comment

First off, I really enjoyed the film, It was a favourite of mine when I was a far right wing 15 year old living in Florida thinking that we might be kicking commie butt.

Do I stil enjoy it? Absolutly. Difference is I'm now 36. And any complaints about the political content, Hindsight is 20/20 indeed.

Iron Eagle. Always had a soft spot for Lou Gossett. Who else can teach teenyboppers how to disable arab militaries, bring about peace between us and the USSR..to kill arabs. (who else liked the corpulent Army Ranger? ) and rig up heatseakers to WW2 fighters...then fly them off to Central America (sans refueling) to take out narcotraffacantes?

Surprised this board dosent have a 'Cannon films from the 1980's' thread on it yet.
          Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Surprised this board dosent have a 'Cannon films from the 1980's' thread on it yet.

That's stretching some.... my good SGT...cuz the only decent crap that came out of Cannon was the 'Deathwish', RIP Charlie Bronson, series and the beloved... legendary... baddest of the bad ......my hero and yours Chuck Norris :flag: .... he made 'Sly' look like a 'punk'.

and we can really thank Golan-Globus for that.

best
            CV

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Tuebor
              Whitmer Again
              by Tuebor
              Sigh...

Not really a surprise. She and her family reportedly vacationed on Mackinac Island over Easter, and vehicles have been...
              Today, 16:26
            • wolfhnd
              Do you expect a second wave of Covid 19
              by wolfhnd
              This is the third installment of my guessing game. It is for the U.S. specifically irrespective of regional differences in 2020.

Apparently...
              We will see a modest spike in July or August
              0%
              We will see a modest spike in October through December
              33.33%
              There will be a significant spike in October through December
              0%
              There will be a large second wave, time frame unspecified.
              66.67%
              Today, 15:47
            • Massena
              Trump Threatens...
              by Massena
              ...to pull the Republican National Convention from Charlotte, NC...

Please do.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/25/poli...
              Today, 12:30
            Working...
            X