Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Pvt Ryan Swastika

I recently saw this movie again and noticed something i hadn't before. You
    never see a Swastika in the whole movie except once and even that one is not the real version but the religious one instead. Its in the begining behind
    the bunker they take, its in red but has curves in it. Also there isn't one on
    that Hitler youth knife either, i think they had them on their knifes?

Not 100% sure on this as i didn't go through the whole movie looking for swastikas.

But maybe i'm right and Speilberg didn't want any in his movie??

Do any of you guys know?
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Really? I never noticed. I'll have to take another look - I recall the one scrawled on the bunker.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I don't remeber seeing a swaskia at all...hmmmm
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

I think it might be the same type of deal with models too.
        You don't get swastika decals for German models anymore.
        Counters in war games show iron crosses instead of swastikas.
        I heard and I think it was discussed here in at least one thread, that SS pieces that once were depicted in black, now have an option to also be depicted in grey as well.
        "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

I recall a scene with troopers showing off a captured Swastika, sort of an essentail WWII movie shot. Maybe I've just seen the shot so many times I'm adding to the movie in my head....

"This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Maybe it was to safe the movie for world wide consumption (ala Germany and France)?
            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
              Maybe it was to safe the movie for world wide consumption (ala Germany and France)?
              I would bet this is the reason.
              The truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!
              Sideshow Bob.

Comment

Can't have the walls bleeding from the showing of an emblem I suppose.....
                Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

wow, no more svastikas on decals for plastic models!!?? (I knew this stupid thing was already happening in Germany)

how about picturing soldiers in pink uniforms and tights, so that no one gets offended by historical movies!

here in switzerland, at a teenager party - whose theme was "horror and fear" - one guy went in, instead of the usual vampire suit or bin laden a prisoner's suit and with a yellow David star on it.... it's on newspapers now, jewish associations rampage for outcry, etc.

they should get a life!

I hate in ww2 wargames when the german national flag is represented as it was before 1918!!!
                  "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                    I think it might be the same type of deal with models too.
                    You don't get swastika decals for German models anymore.
                    Counters in war games show iron crosses instead of swastikas.
                    I heard and I think it was discussed here in at least one thread, that SS pieces that once were depicted in black, now have an option to also be depicted in grey as well.
                    Welcome to the mind-numbing world of PC. In all fairness, however, German armor rarely had swastikas on them - just the German Cross. This is true for SS equipment as well, since they displayed the German national muilitary markings rather than political ones.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Take a look at Schindler's List, there you see the Swastika
                      in a number of the scenes on party pins and such. I doubt if Spielberg left it out of SPR for any other reason than It was not historically correct as pointed out by MM

HP
                      "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

youíre entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

here in switzerland, at a teenager party - whose theme was "horror and fear" - one guy went in, instead of the usual vampire suit or bin laden a prisoner's suit and with a yellow David star on it.... it's on newspapers now, jewish associations rampage for outcry, etc.
                        The Jewish outrage seems like a contradiction. They are the first group, rightfully so, that doesn't what us to forget the Holocaust and the horror that it was. Even as a party custom ,with such a theme, that teens see it as the epitome of horror should please them that the world well never forget. Butt holes even in Switzerland.

HP

Comment

The swastika is even in band of brothers and in das boot.
                          Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

The swastika is even in band of brothers, surely that series was exported to Germany.
                            Yes it was, but why the surely. It's like if I should say the film Patriot was surely exported to England. The Band did do a much better job of being fair to history.

HP

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
                              Yes it was, but why the surely. It's like if I should say the film Patriot was surely exported to England. The Band did do a much better job of being fair to history.

HP
                              I am talking about the swastika being offensive in Germany, and were did that crap patriot come from? which was damned offensive and totally unhistorical. if the films were cars BOB would be a Rolls Royce whilst patriot would be a trabant, in other words shite
                              Last edited by Post Captain; 07 Jul 07, 11:00.
                              Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X