• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Days of Patton (1986)

The Last Days of Patton (1986)
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091383/

Has anyone seen this one? Any good?

I have a friend with "The Last Days of Patton" but I haven't seen it myself. He says it's pretty depressing, and they put fish hooks in George C. Scott's face.

"This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I have it, well actually my dad and I picked it up years ago, he still has it - I never got a chance to watch it, I don't recall if he did or not.
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Pretty much like Mann says, the best part is seeing Scott again in the role.
        Otherwise not worth it.
        Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Before the accident there is a amusing song and dance number. Patton singing is cool.
          The mind of man knows no employment more worthy of its powers than the quest of
          righteousness in human affairs; no goal of its labours that is superior to the discovery of the good in the guidance of life.

Comment

Saw it, thought it was very good. It is not an uplifting film thou. It was good in the first half of the film to see Patton in "action". But the second half seeming him waste away was very morbid to me. George C. Scott did an excellent job in recreating the role. See the film. it's good. But it's not a "happy" film.
            Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
            If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X