• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leatchy
    replied
    Originally posted by Aries View Post
    Well alas the end makes the film.

In the end, the big battle happens. Looks a little like Zulu in that it is a small force massively outnumbered by a low tech force.

The assault involves massive attacker casualties, but the unrelenting numbers force the situation to dire conditions. Lots of brutal hand to hand fighting. Terrence really performs. But eventually the leader (Hackman) is killed by a shot, and the Morrocan leader halts the fighting. He says goodbye to his friend, and the French survivors are allowed to live.

There is a closing scene where Terrence becomes a battle hardened vet that stays on, and you see the next lot of recruits arrive back at base.

Cheers for that

Leave a comment:

• MajDoc
    replied
    It was a good movie. I 1st watched it at a drive in movie with I think Patton as the 1st movie of the night.

Leave a comment:

• LRB
    replied
    Originally posted by leatchy View Post
    Good film. Always on very late at night here, so I have never seen the end despite watching about 4 times.
    Well alas the end makes the film.

In the end, the big battle happens. Looks a little like Zulu in that it is a small force massively outnumbered by a low tech force.

The assault involves massive attacker casualties, but the unrelenting numbers force the situation to dire conditions. Lots of brutal hand to hand fighting. Terrence really performs. But eventually the leader (Hackman) is killed by a shot, and the Morrocan leader halts the fighting. He says goodbye to his friend, and the French survivors are allowed to live.

There is a closing scene where Terrence becomes a battle hardened vet that stays on, and you see the next lot of recruits arrive back at base.

Leave a comment:

• leatchy
    replied
    Good film. Always on very late at night here, so I have never seen the end despite watching about 4 times.

Leave a comment:

• panzermacher
    replied
    I liked that one.....

Leave a comment:

• LRB
    started a topic March or Die (1977)

March or Die (1977)

Just watching this likely forgotten gem.

Gene Hackman and Terrence Hill (just two of several names actually).

Surprisingly enjoyable film.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0076175/

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X