Best Action Movie of all time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Action Movie of all time

Here we are again with another list. I certainly agree with about 10 of those movies.
    Take a look here.

Chad

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2004...0.html?cnn=yes
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Yeah, I'll go along with maybe half of those. Good stuff.
    "I am not an atomic playboy."
    Vice Admiral William P. Blandy

Comment

Yeah I can agree with a bunch... Not necessarily order though.
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Yippy Kay heh? wonder what SPR is doing in the middle of them all though, I was glad to see John Woo's Hardboiled at #9

Comment

Yeah not too many complaints on the list, but I probably have some issues with the order.
          Last edited by leatchy; 20 Jun 07, 07:04.
          War. Young men killing each other for the benefit of old men!

Comment

I like the top 2 picks.
            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

So many to choose from, I have to categorize.

But any martial arts film where the combatants jump on water and do standing high jumps over castle walls is automatically disqualified.

Die Hard and Predator definitely.
              A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I'm not sure that some of those movies belong on that list. Saving Pvt. Ryan is a war movie and some of the others are sci-fi. Which have their own categories not to mention the Wild Bunch which is considered a western.

And I must protest the omission of Chuck Norris' "Lone Wolf McQuade". Although thin on story and not very well acted, there is a fight scene or some sort of gunplay about every 5 minutes. That is a true action movie.

Die Hard does deserve it's ranking though.
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Best action movie of all time?

Debbie Does Dallas.

Didn't see it on the list, though.....

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
                    I'm not sure that some of those movies belong on that list. Saving Pvt. Ryan is a war movie and some of the others are sci-fi. Which have their own categories not to mention the Wild Bunch which is considered a western.

And I must protest the omission of Chuck Norris' "Lone Wolf McQuade". Although thin on story and not very well acted, there is a fight scene or some sort of gunplay about every 5 minutes. That is a true action movie.

Die Hard does deserve it's ranking though.
                    Lone Wolf McQuade is a sleeper pick. I love that movie. He has that turbo charged Dodge Ramcharger.............My parents had a Ramcharger when we grew up.
                    It is a good action flick and quite possibly Chucks best movie...this side of Delta Force with Lee Marvin.
                    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Raid on Entebbe is more an action flick than war movie. But it's a great movie.
                      Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

I'd agree with some of them, but the Matrix? I think I'd rather watch "Pearl Harbor" that sit through that sleeper.

Comment

That took way tooo long .........and this guy doing the original list is an idiot.......while i can concur with 11; the greatest wasn't even there.

that's right "Two gun' Bob Howard's inspiration wrote these lines and no one has ever done it better.

"Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. When we found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its' riddle, Conan. You must learn its' discipline. For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts.

[Points to sword]

Conan's Father: This you can trust."

Comment

Just where in the hell was...

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension?
                            "Yellowstain!"

Comment

What?? where is Independence Day?? or War of the Worlds??

Theyweren't even listed in their Sci Fi pics either
                              Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X