The Greatest Zombie Flick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Zombie Flick?

What do you think is the greatest zombie film ever made... and or the worst?

Myself - I would have to go with Romeros Dawn and Day, and of course Snyders Dawn rehash as the greatest. Romeros latest, Land of the Dead, was just awful. I spose this is what happens when a writter/producer directs.

Return of the living dead pt. 2
    Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Land of the Dead was more of a polical movie, than a zombie movie. Night of the Living Dead, was the best.
      I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

For some reason 28 Days Later gave me nightmares where none of the other zombie movies have. The funny part, I thought the movie was stupid. Go figure! As for a favorite....Shaun of the Dead! I laughed my tail off!

Comment

Originally posted by comm. waffle View Post
          Land of the Dead was more of a polical movie, than a zombie movie. Night of the Living Dead, was the best.
          BS! Every Romero film was very political. You just weren't a product of the times.

As for best vs. worst-

Best: Night of the Living Dead (followed by Day and then Dawn)

Worst: Too many to choose from. I'll pick House of the Dead.
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Remake of Dawn and then 28 Days Later.

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
              BS! Every Romero film was very political. You just weren't a product of the times.

As for best vs. worst-

Best: Night of the Living Dead (followed by Day and then Dawn)

Worst: Too many to choose from. I'll pick House of the Dead.
              OH! Yes, House of the Dead, that was horrible. Land of the Dead was more political. It just din't fit in with Romero's other Zombie movies..
              I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

OH! Yes, House of the Dead, that was horrible. Land of the Dead was more political. It just din't fit in with Romero's other Zombie movies..

You clearly missed the point of the other 3 then. Again, I'll assume it's because you're not viewing the movies in the framework of the time they were produced, which is fine. But it's wrong to say Land was particularly more political. All four were extremely political and social.
                “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

You clearly missed the point of the other 3 then. Again, I'll assume it's because you're not viewing the movies in the framework of the time they were produced, which is fine. But it's wrong to say Land was particularly more political. All four were extremely political and social.
                  Well I guess thats just because I'm a young-ass.

Comment

Romero is a genius when it concerns social commentary when applicable to a time-frame and setting. That being said, I thought LotD was just awful. Not because of the political and social sub-text, but simply because it was poorly done in so many ways.

Comment

Well I guess thats just because I'm a young-ass.
                      I know, that's why I don't actually blame you for missing it. Just wanted to point out the inaccuracy of the claim.

Originally posted by Marines
                      Romero is a genius when it concerns social commentary when applicable to a time-frame and setting. That being said, I thought LotD was just awful. Not because of the political and social sub-text, but simply because it was poorly done in so many ways.
                      Eh, I didn't love it. I didn't hate it. There were things I enjoyed in it, but overall, I agree it missed the mark of a Romero film. When I first came out of the theater I was too excited at having actually seen a new Romero film in theaters after all this time, but eventually the adrenaline wore down and I came to view it a little less favorably.

Comment

I'm with Biscuit, Shaun of the Dead is brilliant. Worse would probably be (forgot name, same as the video game!!) but it has Milla Jojovich in so I watch it whenever it is on!!!!

Wolster

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Long View Post
                          Return of the living dead pt. 2
                          hahah, WHAT????

Comment

Night of the Living Dead was my favrote of the Living Dead series
                            "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                            "

Comment

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
                              I'm with Biscuit, Shaun of the Dead is brilliant. Worse would probably be (forgot name, same as the video game!!) but it has Milla Jojovich in so I watch it whenever it is on!!!!

Resident Evil.... *Sigh* good action could have been done better.
                              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X