Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see Pirates of the Caribbean, yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see Pirates of the Caribbean, yet?

I have a choice to take Babygirl to see: P of C, or Shrek 3. I am leaning a bit to Pirates, but am curious if anyone has seen it yet?

Pruitt
    Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

My best friend said it was awesome and wait until the end of the credits..

Its 2 hours or something... and I was told 45 minutes at the end was all battle...
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Let's see, Sun afternoon talked with a guy, he said it was too long, too much "seen it before" CGI and generally didn't like it.

Myself, wife, son, and two friends saw it that evening. Well it was the last thing I did on a weekend full of Anime North 2007 (I was spent), we had just come from as local Mandarin (wife and son had never gone before). The consensus was "damn that was good" (the movie). It was a great ending to a great weekend.

Yes it was long, no doubt about that. No the cgi wasn't over baked. The action was good, and there weren't several dull over long spots as the earlier dude had suggested.

I was frickin worn out, stuffed from dinner and in a theatre I thought was a bit warmish, and yet I found the film fast enough paced, funny enough, and not dull at all. And if it hadn't been good enough, I would not have made it through it eh.

This was also the crowning moment of the three film in my view. It's on the list of the family for marathon viewing next christmas is the dvd appears in time (means we will watch all 3 back to back). We do a themed video day each year.

So in closing, if you "don't" like this film, shut up and go back to reading books you hopeless complainer
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I saw it today. Good but not great. They are running out of plot twists.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Just got back a bit ago. I loved it! Good mix of humor and action and I didn't think the CGI was overdone. It was a bit long, but paced well enough to keep your attention. Took me a moment to recognize Keith Richards.
          All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

SAw it today...Loved seeing keith in it.....I liked it...good action flick
            Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
            In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
            Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Yeah "Keef" popping in was awesome. Too many funny moments and I think they kept enough action throughout until the end 45 minute big battle that never stopped Though the plot got a tiny bit confusing with all the backstabbing and plotting (pun not intended) going on.
              The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Two yeah votes here...

I got the DVD for my kids this weekend (pleading the 5th on any IPR questions). They absolutely loved it; they've watched it three times in two days. They also like Shrek 3.
                Save America!! Impeach Obama!!

Comment

Terrific film. We were going to see Pirates and Shrek on thec wekend, but ended up seeing Pirates twice instead!
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

MM liked it

Well forget the naysayers now hehe, they don't have a chance convincing anyone it's not great now.
                    Life is change. Built models for decades.
                    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X