Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Absolute worst WWII film

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Absolute worst WWII film

    I nominate "Ski Troops Attack" a Battle of the Bulge farce

  • #2
    Never heard about that film, but never heard about ski troops fighting in the Bulge either so I guess you're probably right

    Comment


    • #3
      My god it does exist.

      http://imdb.com/title/tt0054315/
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Boonierat View Post
        Never heard about that film, but never heard about ski troops fighting in the Bulge either so I guess you're probably right
        It's pretty bad.......
        not to change the subject, but is the film 317 platoon available in subtitles? I saw it on TV when i was very young...I Watched the clip on the other thread and I remember the ending, but thats about all

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Parasocko View Post
          It's pretty bad.......
          not to change the subject, but is the film 317 platoon available in subtitles? I saw it on TV when i was very young...I Watched the clip on the other thread and I remember the ending, but thats about all
          I know it was released in subtitiled VHS in America long ago, but I don't think it was re released in DVD, must be hard to find now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Any of those Italian WW2 films dubbed into English that can be found at the dollar store.
            Delegate, MN GOP.

            PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

            http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

            Comment


            • #7
              Most of the war films made during the sixties were pretty dire, 633 squadron, submarine x1 starring james caan, hornets nest starring rock hudson, to name a few.
              Never Fear the Event

              Admiral Lord Nelson

              Comment


              • #8
                A Bridge Too Far.


                Damn

                Comment


                • #9
                  SS Doomtrooper. Absolute CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  War. Young men killing each other for the benefit of old men!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Swampwolf View Post
                    A Bridge Too Far.


                    Damn
                    Are you serious!!!????!!
                    "The State is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else."

                    Frederic Bastiat

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      U-571... it's evil revisionism at it's worst!
                      "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Enemy at the gates.
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by mike brown View Post
                          Most of the war films made during the sixties were pretty dire, 633 squadron, submarine x1 starring james caan, hornets nest starring rock hudson, to name a few.
                          *I* like 633 Squadron. Not the greatest of war movies; no. But still it's a nice beer and pretzel movie.
                          Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

                          "I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

                          What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Swampwolf View Post
                            A Bridge Too Far.


                            Damn
                            Huh? One of the BEST war movies ever made. Except for 2 or 3 small changes it is very historically accurate. Please explain why you don't like the movie.
                            Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

                            "I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

                            What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RichardS View Post
                              Huh? One of the BEST war movies ever made. Except for 2 or 3 small changes it is very historically accurate. Please explain why you don't like the movie.
                              The melodrama.
                              The overracting on the part of everyone.
                              The lispy, detached narrator voice.
                              The poorly used music.
                              The music itself.
                              The melodrama.
                              The pretentiousness of the movie.
                              The anti-war and specifically anti-England and anti-Americanism. English officers are portrayed as inept tea sippers and the American officers as cigar chomping braggarts. Especially that one guy who shows how "American" he is by saying that he was born in Yugoslavia dontcha know. (Robert Redford, however, does a good job, and even though he is a leftard, I think he is a great actor.)
                              The crappy melodrama, especially in the river crossing "Hail Mary" nonsense.
                              The overglorifying of the SS.
                              The melodrama.
                              The poor attention to details in this clever, clever (anti) war movie.
                              And most of all, the melodrama.

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X