Nooooooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nooooooo!

Well this is just great! It looks as if CBS has cancelled the post-apocalyptic drama, Jericho. This was the one show I actually enjoyed watching. Why in Gods name would a network cancel a show that was second in the ratings, right behind Idol?

Friggin' Fraggin'....

Originally posted by Marines View Post
    Well this is just great! It looks as if CBS has cancelled the post-apocalyptic drama, Jericho. This was the one show I actually enjoyed watching. Why in Gods name would a network cancel a show that was second in the ratings, right behind Idol?

Friggin' Fraggin'....
    I haven't been able to find a week yet where it came in 2nd in ratings (I keep seeing American Idol, then CSI, and then usually another random show)...

In any case, I never did get around to giving it a try.. guess it's a bit silly now since I'm guessing it's quite unfinished.
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I agree.. it was a great show and especially how they left it is outrageous. Their reason given was a drop in ratings after the haitus.. well hello.. you take a 2 and a half month break in the middle of the season what else do you expect to happen. I dont understand why networks insist of the breaks.. just play the darn season start to finish...

Good shows like Jericho get taken off yet crap like The Bachelor and all the other reality (aka useless, senseless) shows go on and on and on and on......
      Loyal Member (unless a higher bidder comes along anyway) of 5th Armchair General Battalion (5 ACG) of S. INC

Comment

--START TRANSMISSION --

--Project Jericho D+5D--

--Topeka Launch Initiated....Panic scenario Alpha2 has begun.

--Collect and maintain water supplies underground. Beginning Cattle and Pack animal slaughter and packing for long term consumption. Continue stockpiling of iodine and medical supplies extraction from the medical center to the designated bolt holes.

--Children running uncontrolled.

--People uninterested in creation of underground shelters.

--Deputizing levels far too low.

--Survival scenario Beta7 planned to begin in t-minus two weeks. Far exceeding safe time parameters.

--Population is entirely clueless, Survival % will be low. Consider town survival low priority.

--Town doctor more worried about marital status, she will not be useful in future planning.

--Jericho out....

--END TRANSMISSION--

I didn't like it, When I hear Post-Apocalyptic, I want to see something on the level of Threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Nukehawg View Post
          Good shows like Jericho get taken off yet crap like The Bachelor and all the other reality (aka useless, senseless) shows go on and on and on and on......
          Unfortunately crap like The Bachelor and such are cheaper to make and do better in ratings much of the time.
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Well....

Is there any chance Jericho could be picked up by other networks or what? How about moving it to cable tv? If CBS didn't like it, then truly can't it sell the rights and just let somebody else keep financing Jericho?

Dan
            Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
              Well....

Is there any chance Jericho could be picked up by other networks or what? How about moving it to cable tv? If CBS didn't like it, then truly can't it sell the rights and just let somebody else keep financing Jericho?

Dan
              There was talk that HBO might pick it up.

Comment

Wasn’t this show on Showtime a few years ago?

Jericho returned to CBS on Wednesday after a long winter break. Unfortunately, it looks like their fans forgot about the show while it was away. Jericho's ratings plummeted from its previous averages, garnering only a 2.4 Nielsen rating in the powerful 18-49 demographic. There are a couple of factors at play here.

In the fall, Jericho did not have to compete against the unstoppable ratings juggernaut that is American Idol. I'm sure CBS was hoping that the American Idol viewers wouldn't overlap with the Jericho fans. They thought wrong...LINK
                Last edited by The Doctor; 17 May 07, 15:01.
                Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
                  There was talk that HBO might pick it up.
                  HBO? Sigh, I don't have it on my TV, only basic cable, that's it. Nonetheless, I hope Jericho can continue another year or more, if only to wrap up the cliffhanger scene at the end of season finale (actually, series finale)...

Dan
                  Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor View Post
                    No. I think you're confusing it with Jeremiah, another TV show that had Luke Perry (remember him in Beverly Hill 90120?) and Malcom (who played Cosby's son on Cosby show). Jericho was first aired last year, it is a serial drama, but then went on a haitus of 2 and 1/2 months, as to ensure continuity, but unfortunately, CBS messed this up pretty badly...

Dan

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

I was confusing it with Jeremiah.
                      Watts Up With That? | The world's most viewed site on global warming and climate change.

Comment

I was confusing it with Jeremiah.
                        LOL! We posted within a minute of each other!

Dan

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheetah772 View Post
                          HBO? Sigh, I don't have it on my TV, only basic cable, that's it. Nonetheless, I hope Jericho can continue another year or more, if only to wrap up the cliffhanger scene at the end of season finale (actually, series finale)...

Dan
                          If HBO does pick it up at least it wil be available on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by the_redstar_swl View Post
                            --START TRANSMISSION --

--Project Jericho D+5D--

--Topeka Launch Initiated....Panic scenario Alpha2 has begun.

--Collect and maintain water supplies underground. Beginning Cattle and Pack animal slaughter and packing for long term consumption. Continue stockpiling of iodine and medical supplies extraction from the medical center to the designated bolt holes.

--Children running uncontrolled.

--People uninterested in creation of underground shelters.

--Deputizing levels far too low.

--Survival scenario Beta7 planned to begin in t-minus two weeks. Far exceeding safe time parameters.

--Population is entirely clueless, Survival % will be low. Consider town survival low priority.

--Town doctor more worried about marital status, she will not be useful in future planning.

--Jericho out....

--END TRANSMISSION--

I didn't like it, When I hear Post-Apocalyptic, I want to see something on the level of Threads.
                            If it had been a massive or a limited strategic strike upon the US, then you would have the series you "want". However, as it turns out, it wasn't launched by a single nation.

Comment

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X