Freakin FCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freakin FCC

I have a complaint about the FCC. The FCC is trying to do what they think is best for everyone. Why don't parents just say don't watch it. If the kids keep watching it give them a TV ban. My parents never used a V chip or anything like that they jsut said don't watch it, and if I did no TV.
    "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
    "

Yes according to the FCC its ok to air volence, murder and mehem.
    But sex, No way, thats too nice for tv.
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
      Yes according to the FCC its ok to air volence, murder and mehem.
      But sex, No way, thats too nice for tv.
      Not for long, they're looking at regulating violence soon too. They'll likely define it as ambiguously as they do other content too. This means that networks will have no idea what they can air until the FCC decides it's time to just fine them (usually because a very small group decides to start bombarding the FCC with complaints that are in no way representative of the population as a whole).
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
        I have a complaint about the FCC. The FCC is trying to do what they think is best for everyone. Why don't parents just say don't watch it. If the kids keep watching it give them a TV ban. My parents never used a V chip or anything like that they jsut said don't watch it, and if I did no TV.
        I agree that there is too much crap on TV in one direction and none tolerated in others. Our children nowadays are so numb to violence it isnt funny, but yet they rarely see anything decent on TV. You'll never see a show again like "The Waltons", thats for sure.

But the reason the FCC regulates is because not all kids have parents like you did. If it wasnt for their limits, alot of kids would be exposed to the adult oriented shows that some want to see on regular cable. Dont get me wrong, im no FCC supporter im just trying to explain their reasoning for it.
        http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

Originally posted by KGPanzerschrecK View Post
          I agree that there is too much crap on TV in one direction and none tolerated in others. Our children nowadays are so numb to violence it isnt funny, but yet they rarely see anything decent on TV. You'll never see a show again like "The Waltons", thats for sure.
          Ugh. You call that quality?

But the reason the FCC regulates is because not all kids have parents like you did. If it wasnt for their limits, alot of kids would be exposed to the adult oriented shows that some want to see on regular cable. Dont get me wrong, im no FCC supporter im just trying to explain their reasoning for it.

I think that's part of the reason, ironically though they're pretty much manipulated by a few small overbearing parent lobbies. Apparently, these zealous parents are wound so tight that they want everything restricted to an amazing degree, but don't want to do it themselves.
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
            Ugh. You call that quality?
            I would definately call it a quality show. You didnt have people running around killing each other. No drugs, drug dealers, no culture of violence like todays TV has, every other word out of their mouths wasnt a curse word or a sexual innuendo. The show actually taught a moral lesson each week, wow! What horrible TV! Dont get me wrong, i like my violent TV too, it just needs to have a counter balance. And todays TV has almost zero. Just out of curiosity, whats your idea of a quality show?

Originally posted by Overseer
            I think that's part of the reason, ironically though they're pretty much manipulated by a few small overbearing parent lobbies. Apparently, these zealous parents are wound so tight that they want everything restricted to an amazing degree, but don't want to do it themselves.
            Its more than part of the reason, its a great deal of the reason. I have an Uncle who used to work for the FCC for a few years before he moved on the the DONR. And basicly he told me what it boils down to is the fact that there are more bad parents out there, and more good parents who dont monitor their children, {a huge and vast number of the latter} than people could ever hope to realize. So thats why its regulated. Sure the papers like to print all the flame wars of the parents groups and lobbyists, but in the end, the FCC is gonna do what they are gonna do, just like any other Govt. organization.
            Last edited by KGPanzerschrecK; 08 May 07, 12:03.
            http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

It's parents wanting the goverment to do thier job
              "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
              "

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X