Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What movies do you think deserve a remake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P.V. Mann III View Post
    You are insane. Elliot Gould is just as good as Connery, Douglas, Bogarde, Hackman, Caan or any other actor in A Bridge Too Far. He was also great in American History X, Bugsy, and M*A*S*H*. He's quite talented, that's why he has a large body of versatile work.
    I guess he did a good job portraying a stereotype: the cigar chomping American who puts on a Humphrey Bogard slang and acts too cocky. Adding to that that he's a typical America-hating ingrate. Bugsy sucked, American History X is stupid and pointless, and MASH was better as a TV show.

Really I just hate the stereotype the most. Where is it written that we should have cocky, pretentious officers? A true officer is not a glory hound or an actor of any kind. But the people who make a movie like this have a different value for officers.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampwolf View Post
      American History X is stupid and pointless
      Wow, you think that movie had no point? You must of seen a different movie than the one i did.
      http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

I guess he did a good job portraying a stereotype: the cigar chomping American who puts on a Humphrey Bogard slang and acts too cocky.

Adding to that that he's a typical America-hating ingrate.

Bugsy sucked, American History X is stupid and pointless, and MASH was better as a TV show.

Where is it written that we should have cocky, pretentious officers? A true officer is not a glory hound or an actor of any kind.
        Snap.

The stereo-type comes from reality boy, I have these people in my immediate family.

"Bugsy" was a classic, and very true to the real story. It's not as exciting as Scarface because it's based on reality, that's what happens when you use the truth, instread of embelished truth, to write your screenplay. (please see my Platoon thread for more on this)

"American History X" is one of the most realistic and frightening movies I ever saw. I grew up around skin-heads, and as a punk rocker-pot smoker-criminal, they did not like me. I was nearly killed by them more than once, and it wasn't until I made friends with one, and he told them I was dangerous, that they began to respect me. Watch this movie again when you grow up, it belongs in True-Horror not the Drama section. Good actors in every role in the movie, as well.

As far as Gould in Bridge too Far goes, he is playing one of the only characters who is completely fictional. Why? He's good, and they wanted him to play that stereo-type for the part. Don't knock the actor, knock the writers, director, and casting agent. Oh Yeah, and what do you mean America-hating? I haven't heard this one.
        Last edited by Paul Mann III; 23 May 07, 13:19.
        "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
          Amen to that! It could get an awesome miniseries treatment at the least. I think modern audiences wouldn't stay for a full length movie like the days of yore... Wonder if Sean Connery can come back?
          With modern SFX technology at the point it is today... I believe the fllm could be a bit more realistic and gory. Not that I enjoy gore, unless it encompasses a zombie flick however, but a far superior WWII product could be generated.

But only if the crew is British, as we Americans have a tendency to go overboard.

Comment

I agree with an earlier post, a re-make of Battle of the Bulge done like Band of Brothers would be awesome.

But my favourite TV series daydream would be for someone to do a re-make of that 70`s classic series `Survivors` - by Terry Nation (though I doubt anyone outside England saw it).

Comment

The stereo-type comes from reality boy, I have these people in my immediate family.
              Yeah I know the "cocky American officer" comes from reality. They are the dirtbags of the armed forces. It's our version of the stereotypical unimaginative, monocled, fuss and feathers officer out of the 19th century. The officer who acts like a godfather, swaggers in front of journalists (who are secretly laughing at him), and acts like he is laid back is going to be the first one to get confused when bullets fly (and then put themselves in for a medal). Nobody will ever use me as an example of the stereotypical, rude, ugly-American. If an officer isn't a gentleman but a blowhard instead, I wouldn't trust him. It wouldn't matter anyway: when those people are on the scene, the NCOs will be the ones really leading the fight while the blowhard is just getting in the way.

Comment

Cocky or Confident?

Yeah I know the "cocky American officer" comes from reality. They are the dirtbags of the armed forces. It's our version of the stereotypical unimaginative, monocled, fuss and feathers officer out of the 19th century. The officer who acts like a godfather, swaggers in front of journalists (who are secretly laughing at him), and acts like he is laid back is going to be the first one to get confused when bullets fly (and then put themselves in for a medal). Nobody will ever use me as an example of the stereotypical, rude, ugly-American. If an officer isn't a gentleman but a blowhard instead, I wouldn't trust him. It wouldn't matter anyway: when those people are on the scene, the NCOs will be the ones really leading the fight while the blowhard is just getting in the way.
                Who pissed in your happy meal, boy?
                "This life..., you know, "the life." Youíre not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you donít shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

I liked Big Red One
                  "The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
                  "

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                    Remake Frank Herbert's Dune but with better special effects...and give it an awesome cat. Also, 20,000 Leagues under the Sea but utilizing all the newest digital rendering techniques.
                    Yep, I'd say Dune as well
                    "Since when do you have to tell the enemy when he has won?"
                    -Mazer Rackham to Ender ("Ender's Game" pg. 262)

Comment

Originally posted by Hatebreed View Post
                      i think that Battle of the Bulge and A Bridge Too Far would be awesome remakes.
                      Spielberg and Hanks should definitely make them if they were to be done.

also, a Red Dawn remake would be outstanding.
                      I agree
                      "Since when do you have to tell the enemy when he has won?"
                      -Mazer Rackham to Ender ("Ender's Game" pg. 262)

Comment

A Night to Remember with the SFX of Titanic!! Then we can truly forget what horrible trash Titanic was.
                        Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

I would like the original idea of david puttnam who produced memphis belle and was going to make it as a lancaster crew.
                          Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X