Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What movies do you think deserve a remake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What movies do you think deserve a remake?

Titles says it all!
    What films do you consider to a be a 'jewel in the rough' that deserve a remake to reach it's potential?

I think "Soylent Green" is a candidate for a remake! The original contains a good story but the film has not held up well over the years!
    All your ACG posts are belong to us!

So many choices

There are a lot of films that I would love to see redone with todays technology. Problem is I want it my way and most directors will do it there way. It is hard to mess with a classic so I will leave The Longest Day and A Bridge Too Far alone. But I would redo Battle of the Bulge, it would be done along the same lines as Band of Brothers or SPR. Spielberg and Hanks could direct it and mock up tanks to look like Tigers and PZ IVs etc!! There can also be some good CGI as well, just go easy on it.
    Toughest part would be finding actors to play certain roles.

CD
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
      There are a lot of films that I would love to see redone with todays technology. Problem is I want it my way and most directors will do it there way. It is hard to mess with a classic so I will leave The Longest Day and A Bridge Too Far alone. But I would redo Battle of the Bulge, it would be done along the same lines as Band of Brothers or SPR. Spielberg and Hanks could direct it and mock up tanks to look like Tigers and PZ IVs etc!! There can also be some good CGI as well, just go easy on it.

CD
      Yes, excellent call on "The Battle of the Bulge" for a remake. I forgot about the American-made tanks standing in as panzers, battles taking place in bright sunshine on a desert plain (filmed in spain, right?) etc, etc,

Comment

None?
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

I think waterloo could be remade, this time with cgi you won't need half the soviet army.
          Never Fear the Event

Admiral Lord Nelson

Comment

Oh, how about "Zulu" starring Michael Caine. The film is almost a classic but some of the action scenes are poorly done.

Comment

Remake Frank Herbert's Dune but with better special effects...and give it an awesome cat. Also, 20,000 Leagues under the Sea but utilizing all the newest digital rendering techniques.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
              --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Originally posted by Patrocles View Post
                Yes, excellent call on "The Battle of the Bulge" for a remake. I forgot about the American-made tanks standing in as panzers, battles taking place in bright sunshine on a desert plain (filmed in spain, right?) etc, etc,
                That was one of the lamest movies ever. I wouldn't remake it; I'd start from scratch and not even pay attention to the original. It had a good cast. Maybe the actors were experiencing lack of work as the time so they accepted the roles.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Want to see good stuff? Remake "All Quiet on the Western Front." Then "Paths to Glory" needs to be made right, by someone who read the book and is less concerned with keeping Kirk Douglas/Colonel Dax on camera. The ultimate remake; "Godfather 3." Why? Anything would be better than what we have now!
                  "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post

CD
                    I have to disagree. Hanks & Speilberg are dog-face hugging bastards, and could never due proper justice to Colonel Hesler (my favorite fictional Nazi). No you have to go to someone who writes villian movies. Tarantino comes to mind, and Coppola. CGI would ease the pain, but who comes in for Chuck Bronson? Hanks?
                    "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Originally posted by Patrocles View Post
                      Oh, how about "Zulu" starring Michael Caine. The film is almost a classic but some of the action scenes are poorly done.
                      "Zulu" was a great movie. "Waterloo" would be another good one.
                      But I'd pass on "Battle of the Bulge". You can't polish a T***!
                      ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
                      ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Guns of Navarone. Like to see more gun footage, & see how good the guns really were.

Comment

Hmm... I'd like to see a remake of The Desert Fox. Another one that would be interesting is All Quiet on the Western Front.
                          Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Arkane, we agree again. I already said All Quiet is due for a remake. I have the copy of the book my dad read in high school in the early 60's. I just bought the collectors edition of the movie on DVD. During the intro the guy quotes someone else saying "This movie should be shown in every country, in every langauge, until the word war has been removed from the dictionary."
                            Last edited by Paul Mann III; 11 May 07, 23:14.

BoRG

Comment

How about a 4 hours long War & Peace? The first movie made about it was one from the '50s with Audrey Hepburn, then a Russian one in the '60s...
                              http://allempires.com/forum/default.asp

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X