Erie or haunting or surreal, or spacy songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erie or haunting or surreal, or spacy songs

I was just listening to Enya, and her song Ask the Mountains, and I have to say, it is so completely "odd" sounding. You listen to it, and your mind just wanders off somehow.

Not sure how to describe it, but reading the lyrics doesn't help any.

Sort of a spacy surreal sort of tune.

What's the most "unusual" tune you have in your collection these days?
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Originally posted by Aries View Post
    I was just listening to Enya, and her song Ask the Mountains, and I have to say, it is so completely "odd" sounding. You listen to it, and your mind just wanders off somehow.

Not sure how to describe it, but reading the lyrics doesn't help any.

Sort of a spacy surreal sort of tune.

What's the most "unusual" tune you have in your collection these days?

She's good. reminds me of listerning to the old GSR radars,thru the head phones, with the unit pointed up at the clear sky, at night, at Ft.Bliss.

I'm a classic electronica and new age guy... been that way for years....but pound for pound nothing can still beat the two below in order..........

a. Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells (the original not the remix ie.II/III)
    b. Pink Floyd Darkside of the Moon

listen to them drink mescal and talk to the ghosts on the Dura...that's high adventure.

Comment

I thought this was about the "music" from NASA. They filtered data coming from space into sound or something a while back, it was quite eerie.
      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

That NASA stuff likely would be interesting too.
        Life is change. Built models for decades.
        Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
        I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I found this real quick... there's links (well URLs, you have to copy and paste them) at the bottom... but there were much longer samples I heard before... still looking...

Here's another sample, listen to Uranus if you have realplayer...
          Last edited by Overseer; 24 Apr 07, 21:25.
          “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

No Quarter, Zeppelin. Especially the live version.

Echoes from Floyd.

Strange Universe, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush.

Comment

That old Pink Floyd Tune - Something called, and i know im gonna screw this up, "12 species of furry creatures gathered together in a cave grooving with a Pict".
              http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
                I found this real quick... there's links (well URLs, you have to copy and paste them) at the bottom... but there were much longer samples I heard before... still looking...

Here's another sample, listen to Uranus if you have realplayer...

Thanks 'O' that was indeed excellent Llano area shitze!......about halfway thru, somwhere between Liquid helium and Jupiter i ran out of mescal....But then Ironhorse Baker showed up with a gallon of Port...ya got know him to love him. By dawn when i went to feed cows, IHB was gone and so was the gallon....personaly, i think Nocona snuck up from Dura and in fine Comanche raiding style swiped it. But with these ghosts it's hard to tell.

ps. cuz me and the crew here are only a quick **** and short hike from Roswell i shall endeavor to keep you posted on wierd flying stuff...ghosts don't count.
                Last edited by Centrix Vigilis; 25 Apr 07, 08:50.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X