Spy shows on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spy shows on TV

Bond doesnt count in TV re-runs.... had so much fun with the SCFI TV ?...thought we might do this un.....I always remember the best came from Britain.

Danger Man
    The Saint
    The Avengers (whooooooooeeeee Diana Rigg )

and then of course there was

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
    I Spy

and that goofy rip off Get Smart but it doesn't count.

those are the ones i remember and enjoyed immensely...anybody got others?

One i loved as a kid in the '70s, to see it now it would probably be lame but its been so long all i remember is that i loved it lol, was a show called "A Man Called Sloan", Starring Robet Conrad, of "Wild, Wild West" & "Baa Baa Black Sheep" fame. Him and his partner Torx{I think thats what his name was, not sure}, an African American dude who had a Robotic hand that could do all kinds of neat things, would go on a cool new mission each week. One of the neat things about the show was that there was a "Q" like character in it who made neat little toys for his robotic hand and each week he got a new attachment for it. I loved the show but it didnt run very long.
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

Originally posted by Centrix Vigilis View Post
      Bond doesnt count in TV re-runs.... had so much fun with the SCFI TV ?...thought we might do this un.....I always remember the best came from Britain.

Danger Man
      The Saint
      The Avengers (whooooooooeeeee Diana Rigg )

and then of course there was

The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
      I Spy

and that goofy rip off Get Smart but it doesn't count.

those are the ones i remember and enjoyed immensely...anybody got others?
      I remember those. Also "Mission Impossible". Recently, I think "Alias" & "Le Femme Nikita" would also count. I hear they are going to be making a "Mr & Mrs. Smith" tv show soon.
      The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Thanks men good id's.........

completely blew off MI and of course that was Landau and Bain ala Space 1999 (slaps himself)...

probably because that puzwatty Cruise has made a bundle off of it and i despise the twerp. Should have quit pissing and moaning about his dysfunctional youth and joined the crotch...this way he could have avoided meeting Fat Rosie

anybody give up Kidman is braindead ....but i digress....

Didnt know the one about Bob Conrad..KGP.. but i love the guy.

Comment

How about "Reilly, Ace of Spies" w/ Sam Neill--I think it was a BBC production that aired on PBS in the US

Comment

I never watched spy dramas much, but Getsmart was always watchable.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Parasocko View Post
              How about "Reilly, Ace of Spies" w/ Sam Neill--I think it was a BBC production that aired on PBS in the US
              gooooooooooodgawdamighty....... never heard of it...will research it after i get done feeding the heifers........gotta run. thanks for the tip.

Comment

Danger Man (with Patrick McGoohan) was called Secret Agent in the US. Had a great theme by Roy Orbison.

The Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman were both agents. Not very good shows, but...
                All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

Knew the former and forgot the latter thanks.

Lindsey was cute.

Comment

"MI5" and another one from Britain a few years ago called "The Professionals". I don't recall much about the series (it was in the 80's and that era is pretty much a blur ) but I know one of the guys was ex SAS and did a movie called "The Final Option" or something like that based on the raid on the Embassy that made the SAS world famous (not that they weren't before...)

Added: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075561/

The Professionals ran from 1977-1983. This series chronicled the lives of Bodie and Doyle, top agents for Britain's CI5 (Criminal Intelligence 5), and their controller, George Cowley. The mandate of CI5 was to fight terrorism and similar high-profile crimes. Cowley, a hard ex-MI5 operative, hand-picked each of his men. Bodie was a cynical ex-SAS paratrooper and mercenary whose nature ran to controlled violence, while his partner, Doyle, came to CI5 from the regular police force, and was more of an open minded liberal. Their relationship was often contentious, but they were the top men in their field, and the ones to whom Cowley always assigned to the toughest cases.
                    Last edited by Frankenstein; 27 Apr 07, 14:09.
                    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Comment

Scarecrow and Mrs. King with Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner. Divorced mom teams with a government agent. Rather tongue in cheek and lasted for four seasons. (Don't know why.)

It Takes a Thief with Robert Wagner. Cat burglar Alexander Mundy strikes a deal for a pardon by working for a government agency.

Comment

Excellent thanks..........both of you.

Comment

Oopsy, my mind is failing me. The theme song for Secret Agent was by Johhny Rivers, not Roy Orbison.

Comment

You forgot this one guys

Mainly Aussies would know of this TV series.

Spyforce

(1971-1973)
                            WWII Australian Spy/Commando Action TV series

Redmond Philips - Col. Cato
                            Jack Thompson - Erskine
                            Peter Sumner - Gunther Haber
                            Katy Wild - Lt. French

I remember as a kid watching it, it had island jungle fighting against the japanese and heaps of action.
                            It used to be my favorite show on TV, but its been so long since I watched any episodes I can't really remember them.

If the Producers brought it again out on DVD I would buy them.

Cheers,
                            Dave
                            Last edited by Aussie Dave; 04 May 07, 14:19.
                            Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

Do PIs count? Or is spying different than investigating?

Charlie's Angels
                              Magnum, PI
                              Remington Steele
                              Love. Where does it come from?
                              from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X