Historic day for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic day for me

First ever Internet download of a movie, an iTunes download of The Hunt for the Red October with Connery and Baldwin.

I know people have been using them torrents and other pirate sources to steal movies for years but I prefer to own originals in DVD or digital format.

I feel the years of physically driving to Hollywood Video to rent or purchase a DVD are drawing to a close. Soon all movie distribution, purchase and rental, will be via the Internet.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Just curious, what did it cost you?
    ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
    ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
      First ever Internet download of a movie, an iTunes download of The Hunt for the Red October with Connery and Baldwin.

I know people have been using them torrents and other pirate sources to steal movies for years but I prefer to own originals in DVD or digital format.

I feel the years of physically driving to Hollywood Video to rent or purchase a DVD are drawing to a close. Soon all movie distribution, purchase and rental, will be via the Internet.
      Actually, the future will probably be with outfits like NetFlix that send the videos right to your door and provide a mailer to return them. Most people don't want to spend the time downloading something of questionable quality and don't really want to collect videos either - they just want to watch them.

What I see is a future without traditional movie theaters.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
        What I see is a future without traditional movie theaters.
        I think you're right MM.

I remember as kid there was a drivein in or around every town. Now the closest one to me is a 45 min drive. Pity, I miss them.
        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
        ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
          I think you're right MM.

I remember as kid there was a drivein in or around every town. Now the closest one to me is a 45 min drive. Pity, I miss them.
          Me too!
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post

I'm curious about the cost and the download time? Are the movies encoded to play on a computer, or can you burn a copy to a DVD to play on any DVD player?
            All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X