Summer movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer movies

I was wondering what movies you guys would recommend seeing over the summer. There's one about quarantine or something but I can't remember the name of the movie.
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

28 weeks later?
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Comedy

I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry is gonna be funny.

Adam Sandler and Kevin James and Jessica Biel.....

CD
      "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

I'm pretentious I don't like summer movies.
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Saw a trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. Looks like a hoot, but not sure when it's due out.
          I'm looking forward to Spiderman III and Fantastic Four II, but then I'm a comic freak. And I lu...like Jessica Alba. Darn, there went another keyboard.
          All questions are valid, all answers are tentative.

Comment

I didn't bother with the first Fantastic Four because while I'm a Marvel fan, I always found FF rather boring... and even my love of Jessica Alba wasn't enough to get me to see it (I mean come on, she goes invisible, what a waste)... but... FF2 is going to have Galactus... so I'm psyched.
            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
              28 weeks later?
              Yep that was it. I don't know if I would be able to see it because my parents saw that it was rated R for major gore.

But here is the list of movies that I want to see over the summer. Hopefully I will have a car by then.

28 weeks later
              The Simpsons Movie
              The Bourne Ultimatium
              Live free or Die trying
              Pirates of the Caribbean: At world's end

I was hoping they would come out with another good war movie. Those always look good in theatres.
              "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Probably Pirates of the Caribbean.... Well all the long term members know my infatuation with Keira Knightley.

She makes tricorn caps hot!
                The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Pirates, of course, just to watch Johnny Depp and hear the fantastic scores of Zimmer.

There is one about a guy who sees the future with Nicholas Cage that looks good. That's on my list, too.

Also The Bourne Ultimatum, just to watch Damon, who turned out to be the better actor of the Damon-Affleck duo, although I swear a lot of it has to do with the lightweight roles Affleck picks. See Paycheck as an example.

Anmd now the bad news - for those of us who do not regularly spend opur meager funds at the first-run films, television enters The Great Doldrums of Summer.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                    Also The Bourne Ultimatum, just to watch Damon, who turned out to be the better actor of the Damon-Affleck duo, although I swear a lot of it has to do with the lightweight roles Affleck picks. See Paycheck as an example.
                    Affleck was apparently very good in Hollywoodland but I never got around to seeing it (not yet at least). I definitely agree though, Matt Damon turned out to be a very good actor, a bit of a shock (he's awesome in Rounders - he actually holds his own next to Edward Norton who is one of the best actors working today in my opinion!).

Comment

Oops! I forgot one very important summer flic - the next Harry Potter!
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Has anyone here seen the movie "300"?
                        (I saw it last weekend and loved it, what a great flick.)

Cheers,
                        Dave
                        Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X