CNN - Best and Worst Movie Battle Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN - Best and Worst Movie Battle Scenes

this was put on the internet about 2 weeks ago. You can send or post your comments about the lists.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen "Cross of Iron" on the best list. The battles were extremely confusing (in a good way to me) and implied that combat is confusing, disorienting, and personal survival is paramount!

Has anyone seen "The Battle of Britain" recently? I saw it many years ago and was impressed with some of the aerial battle scenes (no CGI! yeah!! )

I thought "The Green Berets" and "Battle of the Bulge" should have been somewhere on the worst list.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movi...movie.battles/
    All your ACG posts are belong to us!

battle scenes

I love it when giant media outlets, who are usually clueless make lists like this.
    I do have to say that some of them are spot on. I would certainly rate SPR Omaha Beach over Apocalypse now.

Also if they are going to toss Star Wars under the Bridge I must say that the Hoth Battle in Empire Strikes Back was pretty cool. Also, We Were Soldiers has great battle scenes and so does Blackhawk Down.
    What about Aliens.."Marines we are leaving" also has a couple great battle scenes.
    Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis has a superb battle scene when they are peeling back and then hold the line despite being outnumbered at least 30-1.
    Predator has good scenes, Band of Brothers is one superb battle after another.
    I could go on and on but will else someone else play.

CD
    "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Good list. Yeah Hoth would be in the best if it was extended out more to a Last Stand level... (Don't get any ideas George, you've touched and ruined them enough!)
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

The best - and worst - movie battle scenes
        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
          I love it when giant media outlets, who are usually clueless make lists like this.
          I do have to say that some of them are spot on. I would certainly rate SPR Omaha Beach over Apocalypse now.

Also if they are going to toss Star Wars under the Bridge I must say that the Hoth Battle in Empire Strikes Back was pretty cool. Also, We Were Soldiers has great battle scenes and so does Blackhawk Down.
          What about Aliens.."Marines we are leaving" also has a couple great battle scenes.
          Tears of the Sun with Bruce Willis has a superb battle scene when they are peeling back and then hold the line despite being outnumbered at least 30-1.
          Predator has good scenes, Band of Brothers is one superb battle after another.
          I could go on and on but will else someone else play.

CD
          haha yeah, there are many glaring omissions in the list.

Comment

What about Gettysburg, the battle at the end of the line?

What about Glory, the last battle?

And Fire base Gloria?

Just to mention a few.
            Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
              What about Gettysburg, the battle at the end of the line?

What about Glory, the last battle?

And Fire base Gloria?

Just to mention a few.
              Firebase Gloria? never heard of it! scored decently at IMBD with a 7.3/10.
              http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098328/

I also like a few of the battle scenes in "The Beast."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X