Flags and Iwo due out as a set in May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flags and Iwo due out as a set in May

Saw a buddy post elsewhere, that Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo is due out as a 5 dvd set in May.

Great

I have sat it out not buying the first assuming that logically it would get a release as a super set. I am glad to hear it will.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Cool, I guess it was a good idea not to buy Flags of our Fathers right away.
    "You can tell a lot about a fella's character by whether he picks out all of one color or just grabs a handful." -explaining why Reagan liked to have a jar of jelly beans on hand for important meetings

CO for 1st S.INC Shock Security Troop

Comment

Originally posted by No_Nickname View Post
      Cool, I guess it was a good idea not to buy Flags of our Fathers right away.
      Yeah I'm a swine, in that I get a lot of my movies, the way a large section of society dones But I always like to have the best versions of the best films when possible. There were some detractors for Flags being a great film, but I'm not one of them.

Comment

These are two movies I definitely want to add to my collection. I think 45 bucks is a little steep though.

http://www.amazon.com/Letters-Flags-.../dp/B000P1XITE

Comment

Originally posted by The Cooler King View Post
          These are two movies I definitely want to add to my collection. I think 45 bucks is a little steep though.

http://www.amazon.com/Letters-Flags-.../dp/B000P1XITE
          45 bucks IS steep. But eventually I like to spoil myself on something at least worth the effort.

I'll likely watch the films more than I will play most games that would cost 50 to 70 bucks.

Comment

The Letters from Iwo Jima / Flags of Our Fathers (5-Disc Commemorative Edition) set will feature the following bonus features:
            • Flags of Our Fathers
            • Introduction by Eastwood
            • Words on the Page
            • Six Brave Men
            • The Making of an Epic
            • Raising the Flag
            • Visual Effects
            • Looking into the Past
            • Letters from Iwo Jima
            • Red Sun, Black Sand: The Making of Letters from Iwo Jima
            • The Faces of War: The Cast of Letters from Iwo Jima
            • Images from the Frontlines: The Photography of Letters from Iwo Jima
            • World Premiere at Budo-kan in Tokyo
            • Press Conference at Grand Hyatt Tokyo
            • Heroes of Iwo Jima
            • Oscar-nominated 1945 short film To the Shores of Iwo Jima

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/780/780477p1.html

There's 5 discs so that's 9 bucks a disc. I guess that isn't that bad. But I'm not one for DVD special features. Maybe I'll just buy the two movies seperately or hold out until this one comes down a good $20.

Comment

Does anyone think the bonus features in box sets are worth the extra money?
              Most of the time I'm disappointed. Usually just directors giving comentary on their own work.
              Think there is any chance the two films alone might end up at Best Buy in the two-flick sets?
              ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
              ¿Cualquier persona fija en el nude? Slug

Comment

Originally posted by cyberia View Post
                Does anyone think the bonus features in box sets are worth the extra money?
                Most of the time I'm disappointed. Usually just directors giving comentary on their own work.
                Think there is any chance the two films alone might end up at Best Buy in the two-flick sets?
                You have to be really into the material to care normally. I bought all 3 of the Ultra deluxe Lord of the Rings films. 12 dvds in all. But I am truely a fan of the films and the book.

I usually don't watch the "bonus" stuff otherwise in a lot of releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                  You have to be really into the material to care normally. I bought all 3 of the Ultra deluxe Lord of the Rings films. 12 dvds in all. But I am truely a fan of the films and the book.

I usually don't watch the "bonus" stuff otherwise in a lot of releases.
                  I agree with you Aries. If your "into it", you'll pay whatever they ask for it, if not, you wont. As for me, Id pay $100.00 for it. My Dad fought on Iwo Jima and i enjoyed the film. To me its worth it. As far as the behind the scenes stuff goes, i eat that stuff up anyway and i love to know the hows and the whys behind all the movies i love and this movie holds an extra special meaning for me so the more the better.
                  http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

Not all films are mega hits with the mega anal of course.

Oddest critque I have heard for Flags was you only get to see a few Japanese machine guns an artillery piece in operation, and "where are all the Japs?"

Gee, I guess Eastwood should have filmed a few more Japanese standing up saying "Hi Mom" during the movie.

Some didn't like how the film bounced back and forth from the after the battle portions. Some didn't like how there wasn't enough of the battle.

I saw the opening of Saving Private Ryan, and nearly started crying, it was so shockingly horrible to look at. You can tell the difference between a quiet attentive audience, and one that is stunned and shocked into submission.

2 hours of that sort of thing on Iwo, no thank you.

Comment

Oddest critque I have heard for Flags was you only get to see a few Japanese machine guns an artillery piece in operation, and "where are all the Japs?"

Gee, I guess Eastwood should have filmed a few more Japanese standing up saying "Hi Mom" during the movie.

Some didn't like how the film bounced back and forth from the after the battle portions. Some didn't like how there wasn't enough of the battle.

I saw the opening of Saving Private Ryan, and nearly started crying, it was so shockingly horrible to look at. You can tell the difference between a quiet attentive audience, and one that is stunned and shocked into submission.

2 hours of that sort of thing on Iwo, no thank you.
                      The people who didnt like the movie because of the lack of seeing Japanese soldiers obviously know nothing of the battle. It was rare for any of the Marines to see any living Japanese soldiers.

I agree with you about SPR. I was so shocked and taken aback at that movie after the first time i saw it i couldnt speak for about 15 minutes after i came out of the movie theater.
                      http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

[QUOTE]
                        What a great line.

I thought the film was outstanding. It took the viewer into the heart and soul of the central charaters. In that respect the film didn't need to dwell on the battle or produce piles of bodies to strike a cord.

I could not agree more. The only time I actually gasped in a theater.
                        ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Originally posted by KGPanzerschrecK View Post
                          The people who didnt like the movie because of the lack of seeing Japanese soldiers obviously know nothing of the battle. It was rare for any of the Marines to see any living Japanese soldiers.
                          A fact unfortunitly lost on many of todays younger viewers, who write off lack of action as lack of production.
                          ACG QUOTE OF THE WEEK:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X