Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forbidden Kingdom

The Forbidden Kingdom

"Directed by Rob Minkoff (Stuart Little, The Lion King), the film marks the first-ever onscreen pairing of martial arts superstars Jackie Chan and Jet Li. "

Don't know about anyone else, but I've been wanting to see them together for a long time. Since Woo-ping is also on board, this should be a good movie!
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Puzzling...

Hidalgo was a disappointment, too long and more than a little boring. Hardly the person I would choose to direct. If I were picking for something like this, John Wu would be my immediate choice.

Ir's even more puzzling because Jet Li announced his retirement from acting in order to direct his own films upon completion of his last picture, and Chan is not even remotely noted for serious martial arts action - he specializes in a bumbling comedic form that has become his trademark.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
      Puzzling...

Hidalgo was a disappointment, too long and more than a little boring. Hardly the person I would choose to direct. If I were picking for something like this, John Wu would be my immediate choice.

Ir's even more puzzling because Jet Li announced his retirement from acting in order to direct his own films upon completion of his last picture, and Chan is not even remotely noted for serious martial arts action - he specializes in a bumbling comedic form that has become his trademark.
      Regardless this could be something. Two modern martial arts great... Just need that fellow from Ong-Bak and we got something going!
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

I look forward to it!
        The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X