Gundam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gundam

Well I'm not normally into the whole anime thing, usually I find them a bit to much aimed at kids at times and that drives me up a wall because some tell some excellent stories. The only ones I've ever really liked are Ghost In the Shell for its awesome "cyberpunkish setting" and Jin-Roh "Brotherhood of the Wolf" which is mostly plot but the few times you get to see the special police assaulters wearing full armor with German coal scuttles and MG-42s its awesome.

But I've been quite partial to the Gundam series though all I ever caught was Gundam Wing on Toonami back in the day and I managed to see episodes of my favorite, 08th MS Team where they try a bit to potray the lives of average joes in the war and do a good job of trying to be as realistic as they can get in sci-fi (instead of the main characters being unstoppable aces, they are invariably human and always make mistakes, though one bad guy could be considered the former), especially where the main hero attempts to stop some needless deaths on both side since he feels everyone at this point is fighting to stay alive.

Anyone else watch any Gundam stuff and have any recc's? I guess I need to start with Mobile Suit Gundam at least and work my way from there. (Besides Zaku make me think of giant Cyclon Centurions with Lewis guns)
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Huh? Robotech?
    Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated... again...

Comment

Like Robotech, at least the fact that Starcraft seemed to copy the commander for the Terran Battlecruiser. and the Aerotech type fighters that could go to "Mech" or half-way inbetween...
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X