• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a freaking TV show Geez
    If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

Originally posted by Scout32 View Post
      It's a freaking TV show Geez
      Translation: you haven't got a clue what the discussion is about.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
        Huh? What translation of what discussion with whom did you say the discussion with and when did it happen and who was there and why were you even there?
        Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Mountain Man, there is a nice book out called 1 Million AD, speculations of the far FAR distant future.

Maybe that will be far enough removed from today's humanocentric intrusions for you

As for re reading, I suggest you actually read LESS into some things. And I re iterate a common problem. Some people are just so anal that can't just ignore the fact that sometimes life imitates art, not the other way around.

I don't give a **** what's happening in some pathetic dirt and oil middle eastern hot spot of the month country in as much as how much it might seem connected with a human drama that appears to human for some people's likings.

Your viewpoint was not worth anything when applied to The Lord of the Rings either. And so what if Orcs seemed too much like Germans.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I am always underwhelmed by your quaint Canadian diplomacy. I am happy to assure you in return that your opinions are not high on my list of significanct issues either.

Forgive me for over-estimating your level of intelligence. I won't do it again.

Comment

"Your viewpoint was not worth anything when applied to The Lord of the Rings either. And so what if Orcs seemed too much like Germans."

I get the distinct impression, that MM thinks when I stated, his viewpoint, he read that as his actual viewpoint, and not that his type of viewpoint, ie it was never a specific quote for instance.

But MM, while I am not offended, regardless, I DO know, you have your hot and cold days too. Sometimes you are just in a foul mood, sometimes not. So you might as well accept that.

I am not going to over react to the barb, simply because I'm not interested in doing so. I have no wish to be over estimated any more than underestimated.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                Let me guess - Everyone banged each other. Someone humped someone else that wasn't supposed to be humped. Ten minutes of actual combat ensued, resulting in a 30+ minute lecture. More humping. Everyone bitched at each other for a good 10+ minutes. A bit more humping. More bitching.

Is that about right?

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
                  Let me guess - Everyone banged each other. Someone humped someone else that wasn't supposed to be humped. Ten minutes of actual combat ensued, resulting in a 30+ minute lecture. More humping. Everyone bitched at each other for a good 10+ minutes. A bit more humping. More bitching.

Is that about right?
                  Surprisingly I think that occured once or twice this season, but there was an extreme lack of combat this season....
                  The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
                    Surprisingly I think that occured once or twice this season, but there was an extreme lack of combat this season....
                    The entire series has turned into one big sci-fi soap opera.

Comment

The entire series has turned into one big sci-fi soap opera.
                      Yeah I noticed that this season, but the last 3 episodes have slid it a bit on track and the finale managed to keep me on... the 4th better be worth it and the movie about the Pegasus before she met up with Galactica is hopefully full of combat knowing Cain....
                      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Comment

Is that about right?
                        Yeah, exactly.

And Battlestar keeps getting better every damn time I see it.
                        "Yellowstain!"

Comment

Originally posted by RapierFighter View Post
                          Yeah, exactly.

And Battlestar keeps getting better every damn time I see it.
                          It was good up until they decided to blow themselves up, and gang-bang everyone. After that, it simply became an Iraq mirror. The insurgent theme was a bit overused, IMHO. I tuned in to escape reality as it was, but I was constantly reminded what a ****ed up world we reside in.

Stupid and lame are accurate labels.

Comment

It was good up until they decided to blow themselves up, and gang-bang everyone. After that, it simply became an Iraq mirror. The insurgent theme was a bit overused, IMHO. I tuned in to escape reality as it was, but I was constantly reminded what a ****ed up world we reside in.

Stupid and lame are accurate labels.
                            Hmmm that just made me think of how they'll probably get to Earth, and be like "Wow you guys are *(*&*(%& up" without thinking about how messed up they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                              "Your viewpoint was not worth anything when applied to The Lord of the Rings either. And so what if Orcs seemed too much like Germans."

I get the distinct impression, that MM thinks when I stated, his viewpoint, he read that as his actual viewpoint, and not that his type of viewpoint, ie it was never a specific quote for instance.

But MM, while I am not offended, regardless, I DO know, you have your hot and cold days too. Sometimes you are just in a foul mood, sometimes not. So you might as well accept that.

I am not going to over react to the barb, simply because I'm not interested in doing so. I have no wish to be over estimated any more than underestimated.
                              Wrong, Aries...being of Irish descent, I am totally even tempered - always p****d off! Of course, since all human beings have on and off days, I'm not sure why I should be any different.

You, OTH, a paragon of Canadian Couth, seem to be having one of your rarer "cold" days. Come to Colorado - you'll feel better about everything, or the altitude will make you so fuzzy headed you will forget what you were so p****d about in the first place!

Or as we used to say in the Mech Infantry on our more learned moments, "Nil desperado..."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X