Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Galactica Season Finale

Hello,

Do you have any thoughts or comments on Battlestar Galactica season finale? I watched it, and I felt the storyline in some areas is getting out of control. Tyrol, Tigh, Anders, and that woman, I forgot her name, who is the assistant to President Lauren Roslin, turns out to be possible cylons! How in the world did the producers go along with that?! Starbuck still alive? But we saw her Viper exploded and she didn't eject at all in a previous episode, so how come is Starbuck's Viper intact, and what was she doing all this time she's been missing?

One thing I found interesting is that there are three different groups within the same storyline:

1.) Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, and that woman believing themselves to be possible cylons. They are connected through a mysterious song that can't be traced back to its source.

2.) Roslin, Hera, Six, and Athena in some ways connected to each other. They are connected through a mysterious vision that takes place in Kobol Opera House. But it was only made possible when Roslin began to take chamilla, an extract drug designed to combat her cancer, so how are Hera, Six, and Athena connected to her?

3.) Baltar, and three women who "rescued" Baltar from living on his own. They are all connected by Baltar's writing that is evidently read by a significant segment of the Fleet's civilian population.

It is my guess that in 4th season, we will explore three different subplots within the same storyline that may or may not overlap each other or all end altogether with the same ending. Furthermore, it seems that the number Four has a huge significant meaning in this storyline.

There is a possibility of a fourth subplot and it involves Apollo, Starbuck, the guy who appeared in Starbuck's dreams, and Adama. They are all connected by Kara's strong personality and influence on them.

It bothers me greatly not to know JUST WHO are the final Five that Six dreamed of, Three died for in order to witness, Baltar struggling as well, and more. It will get more interesting when the fourth season starts. Hopefully it will start with a big space battle taking place within Ionan Nebula!

Dan
    Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

This is an oh my frickin god I loved it episode

And they chose All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix for the grand moment of the closing of the show too, mind blowing cool.

And the revelations, they just rock you to the foundation.

Some like Cheetah are having trouble resolving the whole mess , but I've read too much sciencefiction to be having any problem with it hehe.

But the time between now and next season is going to be soooooo long.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
      This is an oh my frickin god I loved it episode
      Yes, despite what I said, it was still a very good episode!

And they chose All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix for the grand moment of the closing of the show too, mind blowing cool.
      I have no idea what you meant by that. I assume it's music? Whatever it is, I'll take your word on it. Remember I am Deaf, so I can't hear music at all.

And the revelations, they just rock you to the foundation.
      Yes, agreed, but why wait three years (of course within BSG's world) for that? If Tigh was really a cylon, then how could not other cylons recognize him for what he is really when he was in prison on New Caprica? Anders fought cylons, so why can't cylons "switch" Anders on as to make him totally aware that in fact he is a cylon? It makes less and less sense when you start thinking about it.

Some like Cheetah are having trouble resolving the whole mess , but I've read too much sciencefiction to be having any problem with it hehe.
      Yes, I know, but I like my science fiction to be plausible and realistic as possible despite the leap in technology and science behind it. Remember the fiction of science in novels or TV is largely used as background information and how characters move about it. Think back on Deep Space Nine, the reason it was very popular because despite its high-tech and religious background, the characters behaved in ways quite believable. They were somebody we could either love or hate as much we can in real life. Besides, DS9 had a great storyline arc when the war with Dominion broke out.

But the time between now and next season is going to be soooooo long.
      Yep, but look on the bright side, in next month, Stargate SG-1 will return and so will Atlantis. That will keep us busy for some time until BSG returns next year.

Dan
      Major James Holden, Georgia Badgers Militia of Rainbow Regiment, American Civil War

"Aim small, miss small."

Comment

Did not know you were deaf Cheetah, sorry to hear that.

All along the Watchtower, was one of the musician Jimi Hendrix's better tunes.

Hendrix is one of the greatest guitar players ever. Alas, he died of drugs in much the same way too many of his generation did.

The actual song in the show is sung by others and is broken up in and during the show. Only a true fan of the song will catch it early on from small bits heard gradually as the two episodes progress. By the end of the last season show though, they are openly playing it in the background.

They used it to create the mood building up to the shocker ending.

"Yep, but look on the bright side, in next month, Stargate SG-1 will return and so will Atlantis. That will keep us busy for some time until BSG returns next year."

That only applies to people that don't use the internet though. I have already seen the last shows of SG1 season 10. And Atlantis left us equally in the lurch waiting for season 4 like BSG has done.

But, it will return soon enough. And I will be watching it the second it airs anywhere on the planet. Because there are no delays on the internet

Comment

Are they going to repeat these? I didn't get to see any of them since they left the algea planet.

Comment

Bob Dylan Wrote it but Jimi's version is AWESOME!!!! I wonder what this song has to do with all this???Any clues? Are "WE" (Earth) the Cylons? A real done scratcher! And that last 20 seconds of the show.........MINDBLOWING!!!!
            Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
            In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
            Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Not sure the song was anything more than the right song for the mood.

Martok, evidence is you have internet

It's called bit torrent you need to look into unlocking the power of your computer. Why be a slave to a tv service provider's decision as to when you are allowed to watch a show?

I basically don't watch tv per se, I watch what shows I want when I am damned good and ready. They can figure out how to make their business model work or not, I don't really care.

Comment

The song was indeed "All along the watchtower", but was a re-written version done by the man behind the Battlestar music (Bear McCreasy or something like that) and his brother and was done so it didn't sound identically like any 'Earth' version of the song.

And I was really impressed with the episode! Tigh being a Cylon caught me offguard, especially because I didn't see the second to last episode, but the second I saw him hearing the music, I knew he was one.

Blew my mind, really.

I really like that show too!

Comment

Maybe the Cylons built their own to look human and think that they're human, then made war on them for the sake of forcing them to run for Earth, allowing the Cylons to the location. Maybe something is orchestrating the whole thing without the ranking Cylons themselves even knowing.

Baltar is a schmuck. Lee Adama just became a bigger one. They ought toi just rot together. Let the Chief be the cool guy. He's not a schumck, and he has a family.
                  "Yellowstain!"

Comment

I was riding on the BSG formula on the song idea....in this show the little things matter.....and being obsrevant is part of the idea.....Got a feeling the song has something to do with something latter........still having a tough time with Tyrel and Tigh being Cylons....I've mulled it around a bit and I think we may get a shocker on that subject too....they left alot of open ends in this one....any conjecture could be right at this point. I love that style of writing for this show!
                    Keeps you on your toes!
                    Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
                    In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
                    Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

Just finished the season.... WOW MY MIND IS BLOWN!!!! Its going to take awhile to get my tattered frayed mind back into one piece. Cliffhanger of Cliffhangers, screw Lost, Smallville and Heroes, this is good frakkin drama!

Wow surprised no one has brought this up:

There are four that suspect they are Cylons.... And there are 5 remaining... who's the fifth.

To answer your questions on why the Cylons didn't identify the 5 remaining: 1. They have plan. We are constantly reminded of this, obviously its something of a large scope which leads into 2. Deanna (Three) seemed in control of a lot of matters for awhile there and even she had no clue. Especially when she sees the 5 at the temple of Jupiter and goes, "You, I'm sorry I had no idea." So I don't think any Cylons would recognize them for what they are if its part of their (or God's) plan. You have to remember (as I just did) that the Cylons are trying to accomplish God's Will. Whatever that may be, but we are also seeing this wonderful underlying thing that God and The Gods seem to be one and the same, especially with this great crossing of paths we see in the opposite sides.

As for Starbuck... is she back because she's a Cylon or is it her greater destiny? Guess these are things to ponder.
                      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Hated the "final episode". It was worse that the last season's one.

Apollo changes uniforms and sides faster than a hooker changes her undies. He is entirely too idealistic to be a senior Boy Scout, let alone a senior combat-experienced officer. His defense of Batty Baltar is totally unbelievable in any context. The actions of the court in "forgiving" the murder of a couple of hundred humans is the only thing more absurd. Signing a death warrant for your own people is not a "mistake" as Cry Baby Apollo claimed; it is mass murder, treason and collaborating with the enemy, any one of which calls for the death sentence. This was nothing but a thinly disguised apology for terrorists imprisoned at Guantanamo.

Six: Even as a prisoner, she has an endless supply of slinky cocktail dresses.

Starbuck: She found Earth... I wonder what she was breathing, because it could not have been a non-existent oxygen supply, and what happened to the damage to her Viper? We won't even bother talking about fuel or the limited range of her Viper...

Tighe: What a sorry excuse for an officer. And for all of Adama's alleged high standards, carrying a murderous, insubordinate drunk as XO is mind-bogglingly stupid.

Anybody know where all the tobacco, alcohol and other goodies are coming from? How about the replacement uniforms and other items? No sign of wear-and-tear, despite the "lack of supplies" and the non-existence of any resupply channels.

Frankly, I'm not sure if I even care enough anymore to watch the next season. It has drifted way too far from reality.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post

Apollo changes uniforms and sides faster than a hooker changes her undies. He is entirely too idealistic to be a senior Boy Scout, let alone a senior combat-experienced officer. His defense of Batty Baltar is totally unbelievable in any context. The actions of the court in "forgiving" the murder of a couple of hundred humans is the only thing more absurd. Signing a death warrant for your own people is not a "mistake" as Cry Baby Apollo claimed; it is mass murder, treason and collaborating with the enemy, any one of which calls for the death sentence. This was nothing but a thinly disguised apology for terrorists imprisoned at Guantanamo.
                          Gotta agree. Though they were attempting to play the at gunpoint angle, but Gaeta messed that up. But Lee just hopping into his Viper at the end was a bit too much for me as well, but I was caught up with what was going on.

Caprica Six, as a prisoner? She's been wearing the same black dress since they captured her.

Starbuck: She found Earth... I wonder what she was breathing, because it could not have been a non-existent oxygen supply, and what happened to the damage to her Viper? We won't even bother talking about fuel or the limited range of her Viper...
                          There's about a million theories floating out there, and honestly I'm not even going to try and guess. You do realise she pretty much died/punched out and now something weird is happening....
                          Tighe: What a sorry excuse for an officer. And for all of Adama's alleged high standards, carrying a murderous, insubordinate drunk as XO is mind-bogglingly stupid.
                          He's carrying a lot of baggage and if he self suspects himself to be a Cylon, he's only going to get worse.
                          Anybody know where all the tobacco, alcohol and other goodies are coming from? How about the replacement uniforms and other items? No sign of wear-and-tear, despite the "lack of supplies" and the non-existence of any resupply channels.
                          Supposedly there are enough fabrication spots in the fleet that can supply all 40,000 people with everything they need... I find that a bit hard to believe, but then again Mercury-Class Battlestars (Pegasus) have their own "drydock" for Fighter production....

Frankly, I'm not sure if I even care enough anymore to watch the next season. It has drifted way too far from reality.
                          Thats why its sci-fi and thats why its BSG, weird stuff that doesn't make sense has been happening since the end of the miniseries. The Mini-series and a few choice episodes (like Scar) are the only ones that made 100% total sense. Supposedly RDM says that he wanted this to be a 4 act "series" and we have entered the first part of Act III.
                          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post

Sometimes MM, I swear you couldn't enjoy a good blow too

And people that insist on transferring world politics were boring when they did it with Lord of the Rings, and I still think it's pathetic here.

I can assure you, if it was my tv show, and people insisted I would waste my money and my show just to air thinly disguised political statements, I'd likely just laugh at the stupidity of the idea too.

Comment

I'm going to assume that everyone banged each other? A crewmember died? Someone made a amazing break-through? Everyone we thought were Cylons actually ended up being Cylons. More banging? The crew lost someone based upon some sort of conspiracy?

What about the obvious didn't I include?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X