Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotional attachments to movies

Okay,

How many of you "softies" have become emotional watching a movie?

End of "Saving Private Ryan", when the elder Ryan asks his wife a question in the cemetery above Omaha Beach?

The final battle scenes of "We were Soldiers Once"?

Armageddon, where Bruce Willis is talking to his daughter through live feed for the last time?

Come on and see who is "Man enough" to admit this?

The movie "Old Yeller" doe snot count because we were kids back then.......
    Kevin Kenneally
    Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
    Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Hell I get emotional over plenty of films I watch.

Apparently I have a strong feminine side according to the mental health profession

Holding in emotion only leads to a person doing internal damage to their psyche.

I avoid people that can't express emotions, they are a timebomb waiting to go off.
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

My favorite movie of all time, "The Deer Hunter". Toward the end when Robert Deniro's character keeps his promise to Christopher Walken & goes back to Vietnam to bring him home & he finds him in that underground Russian roulette game, strung out on heroin.

Deniro buys his way into a game vs Walken & they begin playing. Deniro tries to jog his friend's memory of years past when they used to hunt deer up in the mountains of Pennsylvania. He reminds him of "one shot". One shot was all it should ever take to bring down a deer. Walken has a look on his face like he starts to remember. He says, "ya, one shot", and with that he puts the gun to his head one last time..

The scene ends with a weeping Deniro, holding his best friend in his arms, calling out his name.

Gut wrenching movie...
      Kampfgruppe - A war gaming clan since 1998

Comment

The endings to both Letters from Iwo Jima and Flags of our Fathers...

I want to make a pilgrimage to Iwo Jima badly now... It would be a dream come true to see that Island and be able to leave my mark on the memorial (probably just a dog tag there's thousands of everything on those corkboards)...
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X