No announcement yet.

Iranians furious over "300"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they think 300 is bad, wait until they see the latest release from the adult film industry:

The Ayatollah Does Dallas

It must be terribly difficult to live in an entire nation without a sense of humor.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
      If they think 300 is bad, wait until they see the latest release from the adult film industry:

The Ayatollah Does Dallas

It must be terribly difficult to live in an entire nation without a sense of humor.
      Hmm can't resist.

Sort of like living next to the US and all your comedians can only get a laugh from their routines when they do them here in Canada, because everyone down south is too friggin uptight about their own country's politics
      Life is change. Built models for decades.
      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Aries,

Unless you have a sense of humor, one can not REALLY appreciate American Politics! Where else in the world would you have a state governr election with Edwin "slick eddie" Edwards and David "the wizard" Duke? Then we get to Texas politics....

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
          Gore strikes again !!

The French in Canada will eventually have to suck back on the truth of the fact, that in Canada, it's English, then Cantonese, then "maybe" French that counts to the people living within the borders of a place called Canada. And Japanese is likely right behind Cantonese.

Meanwhile, back in the original topic, I still can't understand how the show was more appealing to women than men. Ya it has all those barely clothed Greeks, but the film drips violence.

Oh, and I am still laughing at those pissed off Iranians
          Hey, women can be as bloodthirsty as any man!

I know of some friends who have been sucked dry by their girlfriends.

Comment

Crap... Every woman in the audience was clapping at a certain part of the film... (spoiler withheld)
            The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Hmm can't resist.

Sort of like living next to the US and all your comedians can only get a laugh from their routines when they do them here in Canada, because everyone down south is too friggin uptight about their own country's politics
              Starring John Holmes as Allatolah Kohmeni?
              Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Didn't the Persians get a good kicking by the Greeks at the battle of Marathon?
                Hitler played Golf. His bunker shot was a hole in one.

Comment

The movie was awesome and the Iranians need to **** off. The truth this they are just mad because it shows them gettin' themselves a good ol' fashion ass whoppin'. I knew from the start they where gonna do this. I think they just need to shut up and deal with it.

BTW, it did show a good side to the Persians. Remember that hunchback and the harem scene? That was one awesome clip. That will make to one of the top 100 best sex scenes. Who doesn't love a huge lesbian orgy? I was like "Damn Persian chicks are hot" all the while resisting the urge to go pee wee herman.

Comment

Hmm can't resist.

Aries, comedians here get plenty of laughs. You realize when they say "This is the best crowd" that's part of their routine for every crowd right?
                    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
                      Aries, comedians here get plenty of laughs. You realize when they say "This is the best crowd" that's part of their routine for every crowd right?
                      I understand that every "city" always has the best audiences, that's nothing, you always invite the audience to praise the guy that was on before you too, along with saying how the host is so outstanding as well.

But it's no secret that you can get laughs with a lot of material here in Canada that just won't fly in the US.

Sadly though, since 9/11 the US has suffered an increasing amount of internal stress and polarization and it's seriously hurting them, as they are ripping the fabric of their society apart over recent and current politics.

Hell I don't think what people not of the US have to think of the US has as much importance as it might have had in the past. As I see it, the real problem facing the US of today, is the confrontation between the two major political sides in the US.

The US is steadily becoming a people so angry with the other half of it's own people, that they can't find anything funny any more.
                      Life is change. Built models for decades.
                      Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                      I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Twin Peaks?... I Wish!

The Lefty site has an almost identical thread to this one, but as usual the concensus is almost entirely the other way... and as usual the mods are 'disciplining' those who seek to point this out (myself included) .

In support of one of the critics of Iran who posted, heres my reply in support of him (which hopefully is of interest here).

'CV makes a very good series of points. In the context of the movie itself (which is the heart of this debate) rather than the original question, the important theme is the implied (by the response to the movie) East verses West conflict.

I would go further and say that given the obvious 'comic book, tongue in cheek, sand and sandles, Steve Reeves inspired, oiled muscled' THEME of the movie as a whole, coupled with the fact that many of the Greeks seem to be SCOTTISH ... that ANY attempt to portrait the movie in any way other than it so obviously seems to be... is POLITICS PURE AND SIMPLE.

Anyone who gets anything from this move other than a sense of sympathy for those who made it, or a BONER in regard of the homosexual stimulus, OBVIOUSLY has an agenda OTHER than just watching and possibly enjoying the movie.

If the Iranians are seeing things in this movie they object too, its because they are SEEKING such things regardless of whether they truly exist.

Therefore, CV's link between any possible value of the movie and its being used to make political points at this time is entirely justified in my view.'

regards

ASG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X