Iranians furious over "300"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iranians furious over "300"

The Iranian monkey boy president and his retinue are furious over the negative portrayal of the Persians (modern day Iranians) in the blockbuster.

They say it's part of American propaganda war on Iran and complain about being shown as a bunch of violent angry people.

On the other hand, the Holocaust cartoon event was a resounding success and an important cultural event in Iran's recent history.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070313/...n_film300_dc_1

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Let 'em stew.the fact is the Iranians of today bear as little resemblance to ancient Persians as modern Italians and Greeks do to ancient Romans and Greeks.
    If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

Guess we can add Iran to the list of countries who tried to rewrite history.
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

If it weren't for the Greeks you and I would be speaking damned Farsi today. Leonidas protected the Western civilization from being destroyed.
        Last edited by MonsterZero; 13 Mar 07, 19:38.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
        --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Let them rant, the longer they rant, the dumber they look.

With some luck they will rant long enough that no one will be able to take anything they say in the future seriously.

Then they won't be as useful for supporting nutcases.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Free publicity for 300! Let them talk!

Comment

I'm normally the kind of person who is fairly conscious of cultural differences and the possibility of causing offence.

But please! History is history. Yes, the film is not accurate, but be serious the Persians did conquor huge amounts of the known world, you do need to be kind of violent to do that.

As for the President. Grow up!

I do however think it is a bit of a stretch to say the Spartans were protecting Western civilization and but for them we would be speaking Farsi. The Greeks, Romans, Mongols, Spanish and French conquered the world as well and we still speak English.
              Last edited by leatchy; 14 Mar 07, 05:05.
              War. Young men killing each other for the benefit of old men!

Comment

Originally posted by leatchy View Post
                The Greeks, Romans, Mongols, Spanish and French conquered the world as well and we still speak English.

Absolutely right, England conquered the world and we don't all speak.......hold on!!

Wolster

Comment

I don't speak english, it's called Canajun

And you yanks have been speaking Mericun for as long as I can remember as well.

Which explains why I have so much trouble customising my word processor

Comment

Its a shame politics have to be brought into a fictional moive.
                    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                      Its a shame politics have to be brought into a fictional moive.
                      Makes a weird sort of sense though, most of politics is fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
                        I don't speak english, it's called Canajun

And you yanks have been speaking Mericun for as long as I can remember as well.

Which explains why I have so much trouble customising my word processor
                        Yep and we Aussies speak Stryne and Kiwis speak God knows what.

There are a number of countries conquered by the British where English is spoken but not by the majority. Most of the countries where the British influence has resulted in English being the language spoken by the majority, were colonies settled exclusively by the British. If conquest were the main reason behind a country's language would we not all be speaking Latin, the Romans certainly conquered most of the then known world. There is certainly a Latin influence through most of the European languages but the Latin language is for the most part a dead language.

It would be interesting to see what happens to the world's languages over the next 100 to 200 years. As US English is the dominante language of the internet, Americanisms are seeping into everyday usage worldwide. One wonders however how that global impact will play out as Spanish and Mexican become more widespread in the US. We have already seen that Hip/Hop speak is now used world wide thanks to the global reach of the US entertainment industry. With widespread Hispanic immigration, higher birthrates in the Hispanic/Latino communities and falling birthrates in the white community will US English start to morph into Spanglish and then start to have a global influence.

Your thoughts?
                        War. Young men killing each other for the benefit of old men!

Comment

Originally posted by leatchy View Post

It would be interesting to see what happens to the world's languages over the next 100 to 200 years. As US English is the dominante language of the internet, Americanisms are seeping into everyday usage worldwide.
                          Another insidious plot by the U.S. to take over the world.
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by tsar View Post
                            Another insidious plot by the U.S. to take over the world.
                            And we can thank Al Gore for it!
                            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Gore strikes again !!

The French in Canada will eventually have to suck back on the truth of the fact, that in Canada, it's English, then Cantonese, then "maybe" French that counts to the people living within the borders of a place called Canada. And Japanese is likely right behind Cantonese.

Meanwhile, back in the original topic, I still can't understand how the show was more appealing to women than men. Ya it has all those barely clothed Greeks, but the film drips violence.

Oh, and I am still laughing at those pissed off Iranians

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X