Know your directors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know your directors?

Test your knowledge of the great directors and their successes - or failures - at the Oscars.
    Take the quizz on BBC NEWS

Did a pathetic 4/10

Good quiz! Only got 4 right though, questions 1, 2, 3 & 10!!

Wolster

Comment

Fun quiz.
      5/10. More through lucky educated guessing than knowing.
      BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

7 right, I should have had 8 but I didn't think enough on one of them questions.
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Only 4 right here, awards were never my strong point...

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

7 out of 10, i should of paid more attention to the last one. I knew it,
            really, i did.

That was fun!
            Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

I got 7 right and 2 of those I guessed!
              Now it's ten years later but he still keeps up the fight
              In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine and Berkeley
              Patty Hearst heard the burst of Roland's Thompson gun and bought it

Comment

I got 4 right, I'm nearly asleep right now, and basically guessed mostly.

Some I have never heard of.
                Life is change. Built models for decades.
                Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

1,2,3,7, and 8...finished up 50/50.

I never realized what a really old fart Eastwood has become.

Unfortunately, I quit watchng the Oscars a few years back after they developed hosting problems, but mostly because of the Moto Mouth Syndrome - "I want to thank my producer, my director, my fellow actors, the stagehands the really nice guy ion the catering van, my dog, my parents, the Lord Jesus who saved me from drugs, my hairdresser, my maid, my personal assistant, my diet coach, my Betty Ford counselor......yadaa, yada, yada for an eternity of meaningless drivel. I just check the news later on to get the whole story at my convenience and without the crap and window dressing.

Besides, since Cher stopped showing up in those instant-infarct outfits of hers, it just hasn't been the same.

Might be interesting this year though. I hear it will be the first time a female andan openly avowed lesbian will host it - Ellen Degeneres - if the rumoprs are true. But if even Robin Williams doesn't want a repeat, there is something seriously flawed with the whole process.

Best host I can remember - Billy Crystal. Worst one so far - Whoopy Goldberg.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 22 Feb 07, 15:19.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Got 7 of ten and who cares about musicals anyways?
                    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Got 6/10 but guessed at at least 2 of those.
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
                        1,2,3,7, and 8...finished up 50/50.

I never realized what a really old fart Eastwood has become.

Unfortunately, I quit watchng the Oscars a few years back after they developed hosting problems, but mostly because of the Moto Mouth Syndrome - "I want to thank my producer, my director, my fellow actors, the stagehands the really nice guy ion the catering van, my dog, my parents, the Lord Jesus who saved me from drugs, my hairdresser, my maid, my personal assistant, my diet coach, my Betty Ford counselor......yadaa, yada, yada for an eternity of meaningless drivel. I just check the news later on to get the whole story at my convenience and without the crap and window dressing.

Besides, since Cher stopped showing up in those instant-infarct outfits of hers, it just hasn't been the same.

Might be interesting this year though. I hear it will be the first time a female andan openly avowed lesbian will host it - Ellen Degeneres - if the rumoprs are true. But if even Robin Williams doesn't want a repeat, there is something seriously flawed with the whole process.

Best host I can remember - Billy Crystal. Worst one so far - Whoopy Goldberg.

Interestingly enough, they claim that the "thanks to..." speeches will go by the wayside this year.

On the other hand, they want the winners to say something "meaningful" and save the thank you's for a special camera backstage...

No matter though, I predict the movies that truly deserve the awards (Pan's Labyrinth, Children of Men, and The Departed) get the shaft where convenient.
                        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post

No matter though, I predict the movies that truly deserve the awards (Pan's Labyrinth, Children of Men, and The Departed) get the shaft where convenient.
                          But look forward to Al Gore pulling in an Oscar for his great body of work.
                          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X