Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starship Troopers, best war movie of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starship Troopers, best war movie of all time?

Or was it The great escape.

Wow, you sure like to court controversy don't you?

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Hmm

Dr S maybe we should start random drug testing
      "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Drug Testing

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
        Dr S maybe we should start random drug testing
        Hee Hee, True.

Starship Troopers a war movie???
        (But I have to admit, for a sci-fi film I kind of enjoyed most of it.)

Cheers, Dave
        Roger, I see them. Attacking now

Comment

Starship Troopers did the impossible, it wrecked a classic novel worse than the Dune movie wrecked the book Dune.

The word "best" should not be applied to Starship Troopers unless immediately followed by "example of garbage scifi film ever".
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

lets see

Originally posted by Aussie Dave View Post
            Hee Hee, True.

Starship Troopers a war movie???
            (But I have to admit, for a sci-fi film I kind of enjoyed most of it.)

Cheers, Dave
            I agree. I never read the book so I went into it for entertainment purposes only. Did I like it? Yes.but would I have if I had read the book, probably no.

CD
            "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

I have never seen a film yet that was as good or better than the book, on any subject.
              Wolster

Comment

Now this is a strange little thread.
                i yam what i yam and thats what i yam!

Comment

I think Starship Troopers was the best tongue-in-cheek, parody of a war movie. I thought it was quite comical.
                  If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple fang View Post
                    Or was it The great escape.
                    I submit that it was either-

Battle of the Bulge
                    " They have the fuel and planes to fly Cake over the Atlantic Ocean !
                    Do you know what this means? "

-or-

Kelly's Heroes
                    " Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning..."

" Reality is interpretation according to a scheme which we cannot escape "

Comment

Part 3 starts shooting in May. I didn't read the book. Somehow I think the shower scene would not be quite the same.

Comment

Originally posted by creeping death View Post
                        I agree. I never read the book so I went into it for entertainment purposes only. Did I like it? Yes.but would I have if I had read the book, probably no.

CD
                        Everyone on these boards should be required to read Heinlein's Starship Troopers if for nothing else than the exploration of citizenship and military.
                        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
                          Everyone on these boards should be required to read Heinlein's Starship Troopers if for nothing else than the exploration of citizenship and military.
                          I agree with that - along with my autobiography.

Dr. S.
                          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Anyone see Ghostrider yet?

Comment

Good book, horrible movie.
                              Cardboard cut-out characters running about in nazi stug wrappers.
                              A lot of superficial thinkers buy into the "earned citizenship" concept.
                              In this story's context it is a purely fascist society that nobody would want to live in.
                              I do believe in some sort of mandatory service, but not in the context of "Starship Troopers."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X