"300" Production Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "300" Production Photos

I think they have overdone it. The Persian army looks like something out of Power Rangers. Check out the wall of the dead Persians.

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id...865&cf=pstills
    Last edited by MonsterZero; 16 Feb 07, 21:16.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

UGH!...it is true, much more fantisy than reality. This is certainly one of those
    films you have to see with your mind set on "Entertainment Only".

Who would of thought they had such a weight training program back then
    as well?? (Looking at those dudes in front of the pile)
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

A reminder. This is Frank Miller, over-the-top is his trademark. If you don't know what I mean, read Sin City or watch the movie. Stuff gets just a little out of touch with reality. Though the comic doesn't have war rhinos, I flipped through it at a bookstore and there were Elephants but no rhinos.
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

It might help if you understood the source material for the movie is a graphic novel, not a history book...

(Mr. Blom pointed this out).
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer View Post
          It might help if you understood the source material for the movie is a graphic novel, not a history book...

(Mr. Blom pointed this out).
          I attended a prescreening. Throughly enjoyed it.

Comment

Here's the trailer, looks entertaining:

Comment

Originally posted by Marines View Post
              I attended a prescreening. Throughly enjoyed it.
              *jealous noises*
              The muffled drums sad roll has beat the soldier's last tatoo. No more on life's parade shall meet that brave and fallen few.

Comment

Its a testosterone injected bloodbath is what I'm reading...

But then again movies not based in history get most people into finding out the true story... But then they'll be morons out here for the next few years telling me that the Spartans won Thermopalyae on their own (which If I remember they didn't, they managed to delay the Persians) and that they were protecting Sparta and not involved in a coalition between the Greek city-states to protect themselves....
                (Sorry I haven't read Gates of Fire, and I haven't brushed up on Ancient History since high school)
                The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

I saw some clips and lost interest when I saw the first gravity-defying "Matrix" stunt.

Besides, we know who wins.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

it's fantasy, like "conan" or others,....

you have to see it (or read the comic) like if it's someone telling you in 2nd century BC of the "legend of those 300 heroes, who stood for 3 days against an army of millions from all over the persian empire"....

the way the movie is filmed - digital camera, then edited - is, like Sin City - the only way to render Miller's incredible comics and stories. much better than the not-so-good earlier "Daredevil"

now, I cant' wait to see RONIN (one of the best stories ever, with The Forever war and Conan) and BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS as well!!!!
                    "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

It's not a Frank Miller story, but I am excited at the idea of The Watchmen being made into a movie - if, and only if, whoever directs/produces it approaches it as seriously as Sin City was and I hope that 300 is.
                      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

300 Brings History to Bloody Life
                        Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X