Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Most Insanely Stupid Martial Arts Movie Ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Most Insanely Stupid Martial Arts Movie Ever.

Ok Guys, I am sure we have all seen at least 1 Martial Arts inspired Movie in our lifetimes.

More than likely, if you're like me, you have seen at least 50.

In your opinion, what was the Most Insanely Stupid, Just totally Non-Believable Martial Arts Movie ever made?????

There are 2 that come to My Mind.

(1) Kung Fu Hustle

(2) Kung Fu Soccer

These movies are parodies of Kung Fu movies...

parody

• noun (pl. parodies) 1 an amusingly exaggerated imitation of the style of a writer, artist, or genre. 2 a feeble imitation.

• verb (parodies, parodied) produce a parody of.

— DERIVATIVES parodic adjective parodist noun.

— ORIGIN Greek paroidia ‘burlesque poem or song’.
    From the Compact Oxford English Dictionary

Comment

Yep, and I enjoyed them both!

Comment

Well darn, Duke! Those were the first two I thought of. Early Jackie Chan movies are in close second place.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
          Well darn, Duke! Those were the first two I thought of. Early Jackie Chan movies are in close second place.
          Seems to me I should be awarded one of those funny looking medals for thinking like you then.

Comment

I didn't hate it, but Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon took the "hey look at me, gravity simply doesn't matter to me" aspect waaaaaaay to far. Eventually the over usage simply became too distracting.

In a film never meant to be taken serious, crazy stuff is just part of the laughs.
            http://imdb.com/title/tt0286112/ Shaolin Soccer was a fine example of a film where serious was no more important than it was in Ghost Busters.
            Life is change. Built models for decades.
            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post
              I didn't hate it, but Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon took the "hey look at me, gravity simply doesn't matter to me" aspect waaaaaaay to far. Eventually the over usage simply became too distracting.
              That's because Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is part of the Wu Xia Pian genre, very popular in Hong Kong since the 60s and which is a blend of chinese mythology, the chinese swordsman tradition and fantasy where flying heroes and fight scenes are very common and should not be considered a pure Martial Arts movie.

Tsui Hark's Green Snake is a good example of Wu Xia Pian:

Or Stanley Tong's Swordsman II:

Last edited by Boonierat; 06 Feb 07, 14:13.

Comment

Okay since Crouching Tiger is out how about anything with Don "the Dragon" Wilson in it? Those are utterly horrible!
                Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

I loved "Kung Fu Hustle" it was hilariously funny, some can't understand parody I guess. Oh and Boonierat, nice clip, gotta love two martial arts chicks in a bathtub.
                  Last edited by joea; 06 Feb 07, 14:14. Reason: saw the video

Comment

Originally posted by revans View Post
                    Okay since Crouching Tiger is out how about anything with Don "the Dragon" Wilson in it? Those are utterly horrible!
                    Sorry, but anyone who goes to a "martial arts" movie and expects anything akin to a Merchant/Ivory flick should be shot!

The BEST martial arts movies to be done in the last 10 years are the Kill Bill flicks!

Comment

Originally posted by Aries View Post

In a film never meant to be taken serious, crazy stuff is just part of the laughs.
                      http://imdb.com/title/tt0286112/ Shaolin Soccer was a fine example of a film where serious was no more important than it was in Ghost Busters.
                      Shaolin Soccer is what I was thinking about when I said Kung Fu Soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke William View Post
                        Shaolin Soccer is what I was thinking about when I said Kung Fu Soccer.
                        My kids LOVE that movie! I always thought that any martial arts movie out of the far east was SUPPOSED to be bad...

Comment

Originally posted by CPangracs View Post
                          Sorry, but anyone who goes to a "martial arts" movie and expects anything akin to a Merchant/Ivory flick should be shot!

The BEST martial arts movies to be done in the last 10 years are the Kill Bill flicks!
                          I understand that but still the action and "acting" in Wilson's movies are BAD!

Give me Jet Li or Bruce Lee anyday, hell even Jackie Chan.
                          Last edited by R. Evans; 06 Feb 07, 16:45.
                          Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

The Chinese version of Shaolin Soccer is good. I am told the North American version is very different and sucks big. When I rented it I was warned to go to a Chinese movie rental shop and make sure I got the Chinese version.

Comment

Anything with Stevie Segal in it. many may think me the antiChrist for thinking so but he has got to be the biggest %^&* ham in the whole genere.
                              Delegate, MN GOP.

PATRIA SI, COMUNISMO NO

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...?id=1156276727

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X