Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Oscar Awards

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2007 Oscar Awards

    Here are the nominations...

    http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2007/oscars

    My Predictions...

    Best Movie - Babel
    Actor - Forest Whitaker
    Actress - Penélope Cruz
    Supporting Actor - Djimon Hounsou
    Supporting Actress - Abigail Breslin
    Director - Alejandro González Iñárritu

    Not that I have even seen any of these movies. I was surprised Flags wasn't up for anything big.

  • #2
    Originally posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Here are the nominations...

    http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2007/oscars

    My Predictions...

    Best Movie - Babel
    Actor - Forest Whitaker
    Actress - Penélope Cruz
    Supporting Actor - Djimon Hounsou
    Supporting Actress - Abigail Breslin
    Director - Alejandro González Iñárritu

    Not that I have even seen any of these movies. I was surprised Flags wasn't up for anything big.
    Flags was generally considered not terribly good.

    I think Marty might clean up this year, at least Director, hopefully Best Picture. Pan's Labyrinth was snubbed for best picture, but it better at least pick up best Foreign Picture (and some other awards). Children of Men got the short stick by a long shot, it should have been up for Best Picture over Little Miss Sunshine at the very least.
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

    Comment


    • #3
      My Predictions are ...

      Best Movie - Letters from Iwo Jima

      Actor - Forest Whitaker

      Actress - Helen Mirren

      Supporting Actor - Eddie Murphy

      Supporting Actress - Jennifer Hudson

      Best Director - Clint Eastwood

      Best Writing (0riginal) - Guillermo Arriaga (Babel)

      Best Writing (Adapted) - Wiliam Monahan (The Departed)

      Best Cinematography - Emmanuel Lubezki (Children of Men)

      Best Editing - Douglas Crise, Stephen Mirrione (Babel)

      Best Art Direction - Rick Heinrichs, Cheryl Carasik (Pirates of the
      Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)


      Best Costumes - Patricia Field (The Devil Wears Prada)

      Best Makeup - Aldo Signoretti, Vittorio Sodano (Apocalypto)

      Best Sound - Paul Massey, Christopher Boyes, Lee Orloff (Pirates of the
      Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)


      Best Sound Editing- George Watters II, Christopher Boyes (Pirates of the
      Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)


      Best Visual Effects - John Knoll, Hal T. Hickel, Charles Gibson, Allen Hall
      (Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest)


      Best Animated Film - Cars

      Best Foriegn Film - El Laberinto del Fauno

      Best Documentary - An Inconvenient Truth

      Comment


      • #4
        Honestly, if Clint Eastwood snubs Marty again, I think there Academy will cease to exist.
        “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

        Comment


        • #5
          LoL...It wouldn't be Clint's fault!

          Comment


          • #6
            Did either of you fellas see The Last King of Scotland? I've heard a lot of good things about it. Looks like I have some catching up to do with these movies. So far this year, the only movies I've seen are Flags of Our Fathers, Blood Diamond, The Pursuit of Happyness, United 93, and Click.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Cooler King View Post
              Did either of you fellas see The Last King of Scotland? I've heard a lot of good things about it. Looks like I have some catching up to do with these movies. So far this year, the only movies I've seen are Flags of Our Fathers, Blood Diamond, The Pursuit of Happyness, United 93, and Click.
              I haven't seen Last King yet actually. Even from the trailer however I can see why Whitaker got the nomination.
              “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Overseer View Post
                I haven't seen Last King yet actually. Even from the trailer however I can see why Whitaker got the nomination.
                I caught the trailer awhile ago. Isn't the film about Idi Amim?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorta inspired by the true story of Idi Amin and his scottish doctor Nicholas Garrigan.

                  Comment

                  Latest Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X