X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Galactica - Season 3

On in :30!...
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Got it recorded on my DVR.Do you know when SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis are coming back?
    If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

Tonights episode was more like it!

I was afraid the show was "jumping the shark" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark ) with the boxing episode. But if the rest of the season is like this, we may be OK.
      Last edited by Roadkiller; 21 Jan 07, 22:07.
      Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadkiller View Post
        Tonights episode was more like it!

I was afraid the show was "jumping the shark" ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark ) with the boxing episode. But if the rest of the season is like this, we may be OK.
        I happened to like the boxing episode. It gave us some real character development. I'd be scared if the series was all space battles and "EARTH!"

Comment

Originally posted by Scout32 View Post
          Do you know when SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis are coming back?
          Not 'til April, my friend. Last season of Stargate, but I hear the cast will make some regular appearences on Atlantis. There's also talk of another Stargate movie, this time with MacGuyver - umm, Richard Dean Anderson, rather - in the lead. Sure am gonna miss seeing Col. Carter, though.
          Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

If they can't get the entire cast - Cylon and human - off the subjects of sex and adultery, this show is going to be flushable in the near future. It is nearly terminal as it is.

While fully realizing that, as the last humans in existence, the Galactica folks are entitled to be more than a little looney, the current deportment of the uniformed officers is beneath the contempt of everyone. No damned wonder they are lost - they are being led by their collective Johnsons.

As for the Cylons, this has passed from interesting and/or intriguing to downright stupid. An endless fascination with sex with humans, religion and an apparently psychotically compulsive and thoroughly ludicrous need to dress in the latest glamor fashions, while the old Cylon male dresses like someone out of a Humphrey Bogart film.

A great deal of explanation from the producer and director is long overdue. Meanwhile, the show has slipped into the sci-fi npt-so-humorous niche as far as I am concerned. The only thing left to do is to install monstrous inflatable boobs on the prow of Galatica, probably as a visual tracking device for the Cylons.

Two thumbs down.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
              If they can't get the entire cast - Cylon and human - off the subjects of sex and adultery, this show is going to be flushable in the near future. It is nearly terminal as it is.

While fully realizing that, as the last humans in existence, the Galactica folks are entitled to be more than a little looney, the current deportment of the uniformed officers is beneath the contempt of everyone. No damned wonder they are lost - they are being led by their collective Johnsons.

As for the Cylons, this has passed from interesting and/or intriguing to downright stupid. An endless fascination with sex with humans, religion and an apparently psychotically compulsive and thoroughly ludicrous need to dress in the latest glamor fashions, while the old Cylon male dresses like someone out of a Humphrey Bogart film.

A great deal of explanation from the producer and director is long overdue. Meanwhile, the show has slipped into the sci-fi npt-so-humorous niche as far as I am concerned. The only thing left to do is to install monstrous inflatable boobs on the prow of Galatica, probably as a visual tracking device for the Cylons.

Two thumbs down.
              The show quickly went from a very enjoyable sci-fi series, to a mirror of the latest headlines form CNN. I lost interest in Battlestar Iraq last season.

Comment

by Marines: The show quickly went from a very enjoyable sci-fi series, to a mirror of the latest headlines form CNN. I lost interest in Battlestar Iraq last season.
                You know, you're absolutely right! That is exactly what they did - except for the obsession with sex.

So next episode or so, Adama should "surge" another 20,000 or so people onto a planet somewhere.

Oh...and for crying out loud, get some armor piercing ammo. It's getting really ridiculous.

Comment

Oh...and for crying out loud, get some armor piercing ammo. It's getting really ridiculous.
                  Now that's something I agree with. They should also install or reprogram the Cylon's targeting matrix. I don't ever remember the Terminator missing anything he shot at, something the Cylons should learn.
                  Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Personally, I'm skeptical of the entire Cylon folding-hand-machinegun doodad. I can't help but wonder where the ammo feed and storage is located, since there is no extra room in the "toasters".

Interesting anachchronistic nickname, BTW - entirely out of context for the alleged period in time. I doubt humans even use toasters anymore, since I haven't seen a single slice of bread in the entire two series to date, and you don;t need toasters for algae.

Comment

Interesting anachchronistic nickname, BTW - entirely out of context for the alleged period in time. I doubt humans even use toasters anymore, since I haven't seen a single slice of bread in the entire two series to date, and you don;t need toasters for algae.
                      Of course, I've seen Hummers and real-world small arms in the hands of the humans however.

I mean, at least pull a Star Wars and make the MP-5 look like something else entirely.

But I agree. Those arms look pretty skinny to be holding an ammo feed. . .

Comment

Next weeks's episode has me completely worried about the direction this thing is taking. The preview was short, and ONLY showed the Starbuck/Apollo affair. Apparently nothing else is going on.

Like others have said, I was a huge fan when this thing was new, and even this last season was pretty decent - although faltering when it gets into the vein of pure Hollywood romance. I think they could have ended the whole Starbuck romance deal after the boxing episode - and left it there. Instead they seem to be hammering away at it every week now. My patience is not unlimited.
                        Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

The reason for the romance is they are trying to be a bit more HBO like.

All the good HBO specials (Rome for example) feature sex and romance quite alot, and they usually stick nudity and taboo subjects in there as well (Oz. . .).

So BSG is trying to keep people entranced with such 'forbidden' love, but are forgetting the fact that we nerds (you know you are one. . .) usually prefer action to convoluted romance sub-plots.

Although to be honest it didn't bother me that much. I really liked the scene witht the nukes coming out of the hull. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno View Post
                            Not 'til April, my friend. Last season of Stargate, but I hear the cast will make some regular appearences on Atlantis. There's also talk of another Stargate movie, this time with MacGuyver - umm, Richard Dean Anderson, rather - in the lead. Sure am gonna miss seeing Col. Carter, though.
                            Thanks Jim,I saw the promo when I finally watched BSG.I'll miss LTC Carter Also
                            If you Ain't Cav,You Ain't S---

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X