Letters from Iwo Jima - Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letters from Iwo Jima - Trailer

Found the trailer for the next Eastwood movie, I'm really curious to see how he treated the japanese side:

WOW, I'm hooked and will diffen'tly see it when ever it gets here.

The only other movie I've seen from their point of view was called
    Fire on the Plains, about the battle of the philippines.
    Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Looks Great!

Down side is that it looks completly sub-titled. If I want to read a movie, I'll just buy the book instead.
      Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics.

Comment

Flags of our Fathers was a great movie, im rpoud to say my grandfather fought there..but i dont think he is
        I am a simple man. I am by no means smarter than the average man. I am average...yet genius.

Comment

And I thought "Flags" was spectactular looking.... I can't wait!!!
          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
            And I thought "Flags" was spectactular looking.... I can't wait!!!
            Yeah, LFIJ is getting better responses than FOOF. FOOF is considered a fair movie but had poor ticket sales. I believe the studio saw LFIJ and realized it is a much better film than FOOF and was Oscar-worthy so they bumped up the release date to December 2006 to make it eligible for the Oscar nominations. LFIJ has been playing since December in at least NY and LA and I believe it should be in wider release in January 2007. So far the critics have rated LFIJ as an excellent film and many call it a masterpiece!
            All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

Drat, looks like it may only be playing in one theatre around here. I'll have to wait for a free day and good enough weather to cycle.
              AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
              The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Ashamed to admit that FOOF was only two weeks in Holland in a few theaters and at awkward times. I missed it.
                Looking forward now to LFIJ starring Ken Watanebe. He impressed me in The Last Samurai. Watanabe rather than Tom Cruise carried that movie for me.
                BoRG

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in You - Leon Trotski, June 1919.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsennef View Post
                  Looking forward now to LFIJ starring Ken Watanebe. He impressed me in The Last Samurai. Watanabe rather than Tom Cruise carried that movie for me.
                  Agreed!
                  “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Ken Watanabe is amazing as an actor. A long step from "Sixteen Candles" I think thats the last big time the American public saw him.
                    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom View Post
                      Ken Watanabe is amazing as an actor. A long step from "Sixteen Candles" I think thats the last big time the American public saw him.
                      Sorry, the "Donger" was a different actor.
                      Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

Classic

Originally posted by Siberian HEAT View Post
                        Sorry, the "Donger" was a different actor.
                        Thats classic....."No more Yanke my wanke...the Donger need food!!!"

It is a different guy...Im still laughing, thanks Brian for the Anthony Micheal Hall memories.

Chad
                        "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X