Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain Man
    replied
    In way, the ending was inevitable. Hanks had alrady lost or severed ties with everything that mattered from his previous life. His relationship with Hunt was the only thing remaining from his old life.

As mentioned, the scene of him standing at the crossroads with his whole new life stretching ahead of him was the perfect ending. In his interview on The Actors Studio, Hanks said of that scene that of course, the character would have gone after the artist girl, if only to talk to the person whose undelivered package keep him sane for all those years.

Leave a comment:

• lufttiger
    replied
    I totally agree that the ending was cool.

Leave a comment:

• Boonierat
    replied
    Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
    I just finished watching the movie on my PC.

Damn, why did the screenwriter have to make him lose his girl after the ordeal on the island? That was really mean of the screenwriter. I felt a lot of empathy for Hanks.
    I think the ending of that movie was great, a welcome change from the traditional happy ending of hollywood movies. The last shot showing Hanks from behing looking at a crossroads is particularly well made.

Leave a comment:

• MonsterZero
    started a topic Cast Away With Tom Hanks

Cast Away With Tom Hanks

I just finished watching the movie on my PC.

Damn, why did the screenwriter have to make him lose his girl after the ordeal on the island? That was really mean of the screenwriter. I felt a lot of empathy for Hanks.

On the other hand, when I think about a real life situation I acknowledge this is exactly how the relationship would have ended especially if the woman was as nice as Helent Hunt. Good people don't sit around waiting for you. They're snatched away like anything of value in this world.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X