Top Ten Rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Ten Rifles

I just watched the Military Channel presentation of Top Ten Rifles. As usual, they fudged a number of areas in my opinion to make their numbers come out the way they wished, but overall I thought this particular presentation was a little more straightforward than some of their others.

IIRC, the AK-47 came in # 1, the M-16 at # 2 and the M1 Garand at # 4.

Anyone else have any thoughts after seeing it?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

I passed as I figured it would be the normal "fear factor", "cool factor" garbage that HC has been churning out.

What was number 3?
    As lord and master of your grill, you will welcome any opportunity to display your grilling prowess.
    Mario Batali, 2006

Comment

The M-16 is #2!!??? Is that after or before you clear the double-feed?
      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

I have a colleague who helped trained Iraqi policemen a couple of years back. The M16S1 he was issued with never jammed, double-fed or otherwise rendered unserviceable, although many of the AK-47's that were distributed to the Iraqi policemen would misfire, with the most common failures being failure to feed and failure to eject. Whoever said that the AK-47 would keep on firing no matter what the conditions have never dealt with this particular batch of AK-47's.

Comment

Originally posted by dhuffjr View Post
          I passed as I figured it would be the normal "fear factor", "cool factor" garbage that HC has been churning out.

What was number 3?
          IIRC, the Lee Enfield SMLE.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
            I just watched the Military Channel presentation of Top Ten Rifles. As usual, they fudged a number of areas in my opinion to make their numbers come out the way they wished, but overall I thought this particular presentation was a little more straightforward than some of their others.

IIRC, the AK-47 came in # 1, the M-16 at # 2 and the M1 Garand at # 4.

Anyone else have any thoughts after seeing it?
            I saw it and thought it was a little bit better than some of other "top 10 lists" they've had, though it was definately skewed towards the US.
            Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Do they sell DVD?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X