Make my day: the best (and worst) lines in the history of film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slug View Post
    It's a great line from the movie, Navy Seals, 1990.
    Tom Cruise goes up to a taxi and asks the driver something like,
    "Hey, you got room in the back seat for a couple of six packs and a pizza?"
    Than he commences to unleash a massive barf into the back seat.

Whoa! Wrong movie, wrong star!

The line is not from Navy SEALS, which starred Charlie Sheen and Michael Biehn. The line is from Flight of the Intruder.

Cruise, thankfully ,was in neither of the films.

"Son, the Russinas don't take a dump without a plan."
    Hunt For Red October
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho View Post
      Tommy wasn't in Navy Seals.

Charlie Sheen, Michael Biehn, Rick Rossovich, Dennis Haysbert, Bill Paxton

Not sure about the line from that movie. I remember hearing that line in a movie just not sure which one.
      Psycho you're right.
      It was Charlie Sheen.
      I may have got the name wrong, but I was right that the next two guys in the cab get a free party.
      We both could have had a six pack and split the pizza.
      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by MountainMan View Post
        Whoa! Wrong movie, wrong star!
        Time out MountieMan.
        I believe you are one out of two here.
        It was Navy Seals.
        And I'll bet you a gallon of leaded gasoline from the 60s, that it was Navy Seals!

Originally posted by MountainMan
        The line is not from Navy SEALS, which starred Charlie Sheen and Michael Biehn. The line is from Flight of the Intruder.
        I'm afraid you are a victim of assimilating noxious swamp gas, that wafted its way randomly from Louisiana, to Colorado.
        And this wouldn't have happened if our nation truly cared about air pollution.
        Originally posted by MountainMan
        Cruise, thankfully ,was in neither of the films.
        Is that a good or bad thing?

Last edited by Slug; 02 Nov 06, 14:44.

Comment

The line is straight out of Flight of the Intruder, when the officers flee the MP's in Olongapo, and one of them utters your classic line and then pukes massively into the back of the jitney cab. And, IIRC, Flight came out before SEALs, besides being the only decent film of the two.

But keep your gas. The way the market is going, you may need it later on.

Cruise's absence from those films was a good thing, as far as I am concerned, although Navy SEALS was a piece of crap that hardly did any credit to the real SEALS, painting them as a bunch of drunken loons who hotdogged during critical missions. Michael Biehn is a good actor, but the Sheenster isn't good at much other than farce and comedy.

BTW - we don't have swamps in the Rocky Mountains, and swamp gas, being heavier than air, never rises to this level. You have been sniffing that leaded of gas of yours a little too much, and i';s starting to kill off some critical brain cells.

One of my wife''s residents in her long term care center is a former SEAL who is a quadraplegic, able to use only the fingers of one hand and his facial muscles. Mention that film to him and he will still try to kill you with his teeth. He refers to Sheen as "that girlie boy".

Comment

Here MountainMan.

This is for you.
            You are sharp today.

Comment

Sniff...sniff...thank you...sniiiiffffff! I owe it all to being neglected as a child.

Flight also invented one of the coolest characters ever - THe Phantom Sh***er!

And that immortal line from the Boxter: "I mean, she is butt ugly, but she's got a great body."

And let us not forget Defoe's line: "You see, Iron Hand is my thing!" spoken with that sly little snicker of his, and the faomus Black Mafia that Glover belonged to - third generation IIRC.

Great film. Pity Hollywood, with it's penchant for sequels, didn't see fit to continue the Cool Hand Grafton adventures. The introduction of Toad Tarkington would have been worth it.
              Last edited by Mountain Man; 02 Nov 06, 16:03.

Comment

Tuco, looking down at the man he just shot in mid-speech: "When it's time to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Dana, "How's Peter?"
                Egon, "He was border-line for a while. Then he crossed the border." Ghostbusters
                Any metaphor will tear if stretched over too much reality.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.

Comment

Navy Seals

Navy Seals was an entertaining movie as always more Hollywood then needed.

Best line form that movie is by Charlie Sheen. He parks his car with the TV lady out on the beach, she clearly has no desire to be with him and she says" What are we doing" Charlie Sheen then says " hopefully each other if all goes well"
                  That was funny.

The cheesiest line in that movie is when they are doing intel after the first or 2nd mission and one of the Navy Intel guys asked Bill Paxton this " Did you engage any hostiles?" Bill Paxton or "God" says " I vaporized them"

CD
                  "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

"Don't think. Feel. It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon."
                    *smack*
                    "Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon
                    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                      This is for you.
                      You are sharp today.
                      AHIKS - Play by (E)mail board wargaming since 1965.
                      The Blitz - Play by Email computer wargaming.

Comment

Very sly, Duncan. I wouldn't mind being Sharpe for real. Wellington's answer to James Bond.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X