4) Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan
    5. Rubber Soul - The Beatles
    6. What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
    7. Exile on Main Street - The Rolling Stones
    8. London Calling - The Clash
    9. Blonde on Blonde - Bob Dylan
    10. The Beatles ("The White Album") - The Beatles

500. Touch - Eurythmics

Wow, no Zeppelin, Floyd, or Fleetwood Mac in the top ten. Those are some incredibly good albums, though!

The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
    Last edited by Jim H. Moreno; 16 Sep 06, 02:09.
    Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Dark Side of the Moon #43???!!!!!
    If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Originally posted by freightshaker
      Dark Side of the Moon #43???!!!!!
      It wasn't on the top 100 list long enough I guess.
      Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
        It wasn't on the top 100 list long enough I guess.
        I suppose over 2 decades isn't long enough....

Comment

No Morrison Hotel? Bah!!!!

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

'Thriller' #20

Given the magazine's general 'bias' towards the 60s and 70s that list isn't surprising but there are some very strange entries because of that. 'If You Can Believe Your Eyes and Ears' by The Mamas and the Papas at #127? What were the compilers smoking when that one slipped in?
            Signing out.

Comment

Two top entries from Dylan?

Were they on drugs too?

I would rather see something like R-30 from Rush get mention specifically because it proves, they have 30 years of making great music.

The only thing mentioned on that top ten portion that makes any sense, was the two Beatles ablums. At least the Beatles were great.

The Clash, shouldn't even be on the list anywhere.
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries
                Two top entries from Dylan?
                How dare they put one of the greatest songwriters of modern times on this list!

The Clash, shouldn't even be on the list anywhere.
                Whoa. I don't take kindly to bashing of The Clash...
                “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

The only time the Clash were any good, was when I was busy being an obnoxious teen. And at that time, they were only cool because they annoyed people older than me

Dylan was indeed a great writer. I just wish he had just written and kept his mouth closed

Comment

The only time the Clash were any good, was when I was busy being an obnoxious teen. And at that time, they were only cool because they annoyed people older than me
                    Bah, The Clash are still awesome. London Calling and Guns of Brixton are both still classics.

Dylan was indeed a great writer. I just wish he had just written and kept his mouth closed
                    Fair enough.
                    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Anyone currently own any of the top ten? Anyone still own any albums, period?? Sadly, I lost the ones I did have (along with a ton of other things) from divorce complications after a tragic marriage accident. However, my hard drive does hold the 'White Album' and Sgt. Pepper's, alongside every Led Zep and Floyd tune, and a whole lotta the others - Dylan, Clash, Stones, Gaye, (not so many Beach Boys), Doors, Hendrix, oodles & oodles of DISCO!, and on and on.
                      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
                        Anyone currently own any of the top ten? Anyone still own any albums, period?? Sadly, I lost the ones I did have (along with a ton of other things) from divorce complications after a tragic marriage accident. However, my hard drive does hold the 'White Album' and Sgt. Pepper's, alongside every Led Zep and Floyd tune, and a whole lotta the others - Dylan, Clash, Stones, Gaye, (not so many Beach Boys), Doors, Hendrix, oodles & oodles of DISCO!, and on and on.
                        I have only 4 of the top ten - all the Beatles albums. This percentage is probably equivalent to the proportion of the whole list in my collection.

Dr. S.
                        Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
                          I still have alot of vinyl and use to collect. Don't have any of the top ten on vinyl but have them all on CD.

Comment

Is "record album" a term that's only relevant to the old vinyl anyway?

I have many "albums" that exist as cds. But I have long since gone separate ways with vinyl.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X