'The Beast'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MountainMan
    It is also very allegorical. It is first and foremost a microcosm of the entire war, and ultimately a fight between "good - of sorts - and "evil" in the form of the tank commander and the opposing crewman.

The piece I had the hardest part with, however, was the tank "getting lost" in the first place.
    That and the tank commander having been at Stalingrad as "tank boy". That would make him at least 45 years old, a bit too old to be just a tank commander......................
    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

But considering their equipment... (Upgraded T-55's) That would make them like 3rd Line (Category "C" I think... Have to ask one our Russian friends) with equipment like that.... He would be in the mid-40's and I'm going to guess he was probably 7 or so...
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

I was also curious when the T-55 received thermal sights.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Could be a T-62 as well.... Why the heck were they throwing third rate and old equipment over there? I guess because they still had Eastern Europe to worry about... But still...
          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X