'The Beast'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'The Beast'

I was surfin' through our Encore channels a while ago and came upon this movie : 'The Beast'. I've seen it 3 times now, and I really like it.

Has anyone else seen this movie?

If so, what do ya think about it?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

Yes, it's one of th best war movies ever made imo

Comment

Like it a lot... I'm trying to do a diorama of one of the end scenes....
      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Yea, it was a great movie. It's a great transition from that normal Hollywood junk.

Mike

Comment

isn't that the one where the russians are in afghanistan? an excellent film. i've got it on DVD.
          Big40 events. By skinheads for skinheads.

Comment

Agreed. This movie came out in the late 80's when I was working in a movie theatre - and I used to spend a LOT of time "supervising" the people watching that film so I had an excuse to stand there and watch it myself. The opening attack on the Afghan village is dead scary to watch...and the fanaticism of the captured rebel gives some good insight into the muslim terrorists we are facing in that part of the world today.
            Our forefathers died to give us freedom, not free stuff.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.

Comment

I have it on DVD. I'll be the one discenter and say it's pretty bad.

Comment

Not bad for a B movie. Being a greensuiter I think I spent most of my time going "B/S" at the smallest of innacuracies (but don't we all?). I'd love some insight into the Screenwriter's inspiration.
                Welcome to the adult world. Kinda sucks when you have to be the responsible ones and take all the pot shots from the chagrined lefties and mongoloid celebrities, who don't know their collective posteriors from sound economic policy. - 98ZJUSMC

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan
                  I have it on DVD. I'll be the one discenter and say it's pretty bad.
                  Got it also. Wouldn't call it bad but wouldn't call it great either. Kinda surprised so many do like it here since I have heard many criticisms of it though.
                  Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

I have it on DVD i think its a good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkane
                      Not bad for a B movie. Being a greensuiter I think I spent most of my time going "B/S" at the smallest of innacuracies (but don't we all?). I'd love some insight into the Screenwriter's inspiration.
                      I think it was based off of a book called "Nanawatai"
                      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Its the best movie I know of about the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan...........
                        Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

It is also very allegorical. It is first and foremost a microcosm of the entire war, and ultimately a fight between "good - of sorts - and "evil" in the form of the tank commander and the opposing crewman.

The piece I had the hardest part with, however, was the tank "getting lost" in the first place.
                          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                            Its the best movie I know of about the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan...........
                            Well I don't know many others, except maybe Rambo III

Comment

There's another one out there. The 9th Company I think it's called. It's all in Ruskie talk though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X