Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw it, Loved it..

I took my sons to watch it, and we all loved it, much more comedy than the first, but that only added to it. It was a shame to see the Black Pearl get taken, but im sure she will return.....Jack Sparrow has to be the best Pirate I've ever seen, cant wait until number 3 is out....

Comment

Just returned from seeing it. Highly enjoyable, I'll say, though I like the first one a teency weency more. First-rate acting all around, and, yes, the waterwheel sword fight was very ingenius and original. Liked the Kraken, though I was at first envisioning the Kraken from Clash of the Titans. Did miss the all-out naval battle, but the getting-better-looking-everytime-I-see-her Keira Knightley more than made up for it. Superman is next on the list...
      Stay Alert, Stay Alive!

Comment

Loved it, we're heading back to the outdoor this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim H. Moreno
          Just returned from seeing it. Highly enjoyable, I'll say, though I like the first one a teency weency more. First-rate acting all around, and, yes, the waterwheel sword fight was very ingenius and original. Liked the Kraken, though I was at first envisioning the Kraken from Clash of the Titans. Did miss the all-out naval battle, but the getting-better-looking-everytime-I-see-her Keira Knightley more than made up for it. Superman is next on the list...
          Even the Alyssa fan admits Keira is a being of beauty!!! ROFL

THREE WORDS:

MUPPET......

TREASURE.......

ISLAND!!!!!
          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Pirates 2 is such a good movie. I didn't think it was quite as funny as the first but certainly as good or maybe a little better. The water wheel seen was awesome and my favorite part. cant wait til the third one.
            I dare do all that may become a man; who dares more is none. - Macbeth

Comment

This thread is a funny contrast to one I read elsewhere (Wargamer or SZO likely).

At any rate, I saw a lot of people ripping into the film, and complaining all about Depp. Really, I think some times some guys couldn't be given a good blow without bitching

I saw the film finally, and personally, I will restate what I mentioned elsewhere, I picked Superman that week when the wife and son picked Pirates 2. I picked wrong. Superman seemed to lack direction, and when it was over, I wondered why I had to see a film that looked too much like the original film.

Pirates Dead Man's Chest was a fun film. It felt like it could easily be seen as just the second half of the first. It had a connectivity and continuity.

I'm unsure I want a copy of the new Superman film, it didn't feel like a classic. I DO want to get a copy of this film eventually, to go along with my copy of the first.
              I hope they do another one, but, hmm, I don't know how they will, considering the ending
              Life is change. Built models for decades.
              Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
              I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries
                I hope they do another one, but, hmm, I don't know how they will, considering the ending
                Actually, Aries, they filmed both the second and *third* movies at the same time, so there is another movie yet to be released!

I'm seeing this today with my son and daughter (9 and 11). I was a little leery of seeing it until reading this thread! I really enjoyed the first and was worried about a let down with this one. Considering the opinions posted here, I'm now really looking forward to it!
                Vivos voco Mortuos plango Fulgura frango

I call the living, I mourn the dead, I chase the lightning.

From the Imre Nagy Memorial, Budapest Hungary

Comment

The third one apparently has a very shocking/cliffhangery ending, and Depp has said he'd love to see Pirates 5, 6, and on...
                  “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                    The third one apparently has a very shocking/cliffhangery ending, and Depp has said he'd love to see Pirates 5, 6, and on...
                    Welcome to Hollywood; where "milking the franchise" in now the industry standard.

Just got back from seeing the pic and I'd give it about 6.5 out of 10 on the Redneck Film-o-meter. It was funny in spots, the action scenes were good as well...but for some reason it just didn't hit on all cylinders for me. Still, a good movie...though I didn't think it was better than the original. My kids loved it.

Incidentally, a couple brought their four kids...one of which was an infant. As a Father of two kids who never had a babysitter when they were young, I believe it should be a rule that anyone who brings a child under the age of 2 into a theater should be smacked by every other patron on the way out the door after the movie!
                    Vivos voco Mortuos plango Fulgura frango

I call the living, I mourn the dead, I chase the lightning.

From the Imre Nagy Memorial, Budapest Hungary

Comment

It was okay. Not nearly as good as the first one. The whole tangent with the cannibals was funny but what did it accomplish in regards to advancing the story? Also I thought the whole Flying Dutchmen thing was cool and I think it was a good idea to have the crew of the ship very sea infested, taking on charachteristics etc. But the visual charachteristics were too extreme. Looked like villians from the Power Rangers or something. Should have been much more subtle. The true thing this film was missing, and I didn't pick up on it until the last fifteen seconds of the film, was Barbossa. Geoffrey Rush does a FABULOUS job, and his driving charachter was a huge part of the first film, and a huge hole in the second film.
                      "The State is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else."

Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Steiner
                        It was okay. Not nearly as good as the first one. The whole tangent with the cannibals was funny but what did it accomplish in regards to advancing the story? Also I thought the whole Flying Dutchmen thing was cool and I think it was a good idea to have the crew of the ship very sea infested, taking on charachteristics etc. But the visual charachteristics were too extreme. Looked like villians from the Power Rangers or something. Should have been much more subtle. The true thing this film was missing, and I didn't pick up on it until the last fifteen seconds of the film, was Barbossa. Geoffrey Rush does a FABULOUS job, and his driving charachter was a huge part of the first film, and a huge hole in the second film.
                        Looks like he'll be in for #3 though. Barbossa was cool.
                        A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by Franklin1864
                          Welcome to Hollywood; where "milking the franchise" in now the industry standard.

Just got back from seeing the pic and I'd give it about 6.5 out of 10 on the Redneck Film-o-meter. It was funny in spots, the action scenes were good as well...but for some reason it just didn't hit on all cylinders for me. Still, a good movie...though I didn't think it was better than the original. My kids loved it.

Incidentally, a couple brought their four kids...one of which was an infant. As a Father of two kids who never had a babysitter when they were young, I believe it should be a rule that anyone who brings a child under the age of 2 into a theater should be smacked by every other patron on the way out the door after the movie!
                          I wouldn't have waited till the end of the film, I would have loudly proclaimed into the clear, "someone needs to get a grip, and get their act in gear, and go home where responsible parents normally are found with small infants".

It's understandable, you occasionally have to go to places with your infant in tow, like a supermarket, to buy groceries. It's not like it's always a choice. Bringing a predicably noisy infant to a film though, is the height of rude in addition to stupid and irresponsible.
                          Life is change. Built models for decades.
                          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982
                            Looks like he'll be in for #3 though. Barbossa was cool.
                            Oh yes I'll be there for #3!!! With Geoffrey Rush back, in addition to the already great crew of actors, I have some relativly high expectations for the finale.
                            "The State is that great fiction by which everyone tries to live at the expense of everyone else."

Frederic Bastiat

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X