Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Ok it's out now who has seen it besides me? Ok who's hideing the rum??
    "Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice" - Sidney Freedman

Seeing it this Saturday. The more previews I see, the more I can't wait to see it.

Speakin' o' which - I found an interesting card game on my way back from Kansas City last Saturday. There is a Pirates of the Carribbean card game. I guess I shouldn't be surprised seeing as there's also a breakfast cereal. Unable to contain my curiosity I bought a starter and booster pack.

It's no Magic: The Gathering. Basically you can play one of four POC characters and duel it out playing cards describing long gun broadsides and saber slashes. The game itself is an expansion of a larger system and the pirates can fight with other characters of the card game series in what appears to be Anachronism like confrontations.

Anyone see the pirate documentary on the History Channel last night? That was interesting. That's the first time I've seen a documentary go into detail about the exploits of Mary Reade and Anne Bonney.
    A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

I saw it it in a Midnight Movie special. I liked the movie, but don't want to start nitpicking on what I didn't like. The acting was first class. There was a lot of humor and it was not too low brow for me.

Pruitt
      Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Saw it and loved it! If anything, even better than the first one, and whoever thought up the sword fight on the water wheel is a demented genius!

At last - a film that entertains. A theater full of hundreds of adults, teenagers and little children, and every one of them spellbound from start to finish.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I haven't seen it yet but a few people at work have and they loved it. It's funny how the critics have consistantly slammed this movie but every one I know whose seen it loves it.

I guess I'll never movie critics.
          "I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend."

Jack Handy

Comment

Drat. I'm out of town and promised not to see it without my wife.
            Please keep the reviews coming. I like reading them.
            Last edited by Duncan; 12 Jul 06, 19:11.

Comment

I saw it last night. It's ok, not great. It seems they did a lot of simply burning up screen time without relating to the story. Also, they focused on special effects and really didn't allow enough room for good writing or for Johnny Depp to do his stuff. So, it was entertaining but not thrilling. An o.k. movie.

The wheel fight was a lot of fun.
              Last edited by Duncan; 15 Jul 06, 12:25.

Comment

Awesome movie though somewhat lacking in ship to ship gun battle sequences. Boarding actions are fun but I love a good cannon fight.
                A new life awaits you in the off world colonies; the chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982
                  Awesome movie though somewhat lacking in ship to ship gun battle sequences. Boarding actions are fun but I love a good cannon fight.
                  But that would be pretty close to reality. Pirates wanted to capture prizes so their goal was to disable, not destroy their prey.
                  Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams
                    But that would be pretty close to reality. Pirates wanted to capture prizes so their goal was to disable, not destroy their prey.
                    Yes, and pirates didn't sell their souls to Davy Jones for 100 years either, but it makes for an interesting story. POC wasn't meant to be realistic, it was meant to be fun, and cannon fights are FUN!

Comment

Originally posted by pirateship1982
                      ...it was meant to be fun, and cannon fights are FUN!
                      Cuththroat Island.

Comment

So far, no one has mentioned the Kraken, which I thought was spectacular.
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan
                          I saw it last night. It's ok, not great. It seems they did a lot of simply burning up screen time without relating to the story. Also, they focused on special effects and really didn't allow enough room for good writing or for Johnny Depp to do his stuff. So, it was entertaining but not thrilling. An o.k. movie.

The wheel fight was a lot of fun.
                          I thought Johnny was more involved in this one... Saw it last night. Love it... I think it coulda used more *Pirates* but I guess its setting up for the next installment....

The Waterwheel Fight Scene was ingenious!!!
                          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

I'm trying to convince myself I should bother to see this one, but I just don't care. The first one was fun, but poorly paced and bloated, this one doesn't look to be very different. I'm all for long movies, but they need to be long for a reason...

I'll get to it eventually.
                            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                              I'm trying to convince myself I should bother to see this one, but I just don't care.
                              Me too.
                              I'll get to it eventually.
                              Me too.
                              Last good movie I saw was, The China Syndrome in the VCR this week.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X