Our Brand is Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Brand is Crisis

Anyone heard about this documentary? Have any info about it?

Synopsis: Our Brand is Crisis
    It is not well-known that for decades American strategists-for-hire have been quietly molding the opinions of voters and the messages of candidates from behind closed doors in elections around the world. They have worked for presidential candidates on every continent from Britain to Russia, India to Korea, Israel to South Africa, Mexico to Brazil. With astounding access 'Our Brand is Crisis' unravels like a political thriller, as the film follows strategists James Carville, Tad Devine and Jeremy Rosner -- we witness what happens when America's brand of political message-making is transported overseas.
    Love. Where does it come from?
    from The Thin Red Line

Have not encountered that one before. But I suspect if it doesn't defacto support US doctrine and politics, it will just end up being slagged for being anti US and anti US politics propaganda (which seems to be the usual result).
    Life is change. Built models for decades.
    Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
    I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Naw... never heard of it Dolley. Not surprising, though... I tend to ignore most, as many usually can't stand the test of time.
      ________

Who ya kiddin' Aries... it'd likely get slagged even if it does support all you spoke of. Different crowd, same sorta slaggin.

Your manner of sayin what you said implys ominously singular undercurrents that exist in a vacuum. Such a perception - if held - simply could not be further from the truth & you know it.

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

Come again?

Last edited by Slug; 26 Feb 06, 23:57.
        "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
          Naw... never heard of it Dolley. Not surprising, though... I tend to ignore most, as many usually can't stand the test of time.
          ________

Who ya kiddin' Aries... it'd likely get slagged even if it does support all you spoke of. Different crowd, same sorta slaggin.

Your manner of sayin what you said implys ominously singular undercurrents that exist in a vacuum. Such a perception - if held - simply could not be further from the truth & you know it.

Nope just bored of hearing the usual you are either a pro US fanatic, or an anti US fanatic, as if there is no possibility that a third option is possible, that being the I don't support US actions unilaterally but am not one of the anti US camp viewpoints.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

The documentary is set for limited release on March 1st, 2006, that's why I'd never heard of it.

Here's a little more...

An adventure following James Carville and a team of U.S. political consultants as they travel to South America to help Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada (a.k.a. 'Goni') become president of Bolivia. Goni, is seen by his American strategists as a progressive idealist trying to liberalize business practices and strengthen democracy. However, to many Bolivians, he is a Clintonesque neo-liberal allied too closely with the U.S. With little chance of re-election. Starting with a country in upheaval, we see bloody riots break out in the streets of La Paz, with people throwing stones at the presidential palace as they call for the government's downfall. Flashing back a year, we begin to see the events that led to the bloody tragedy. Goni is on the campaign trail, promising to solve Bolivia's devastating economic crisis if he is elected. Behind the scenes are Jeremy Rosner, Tad Devine, and others from the Greenberg Carville Shrum firm, the American advertising experts hired to sell Goni to the people. With unprecedented access to situations that occur all the time in the United States, but which we're never allowed to see, the chronicle follows detailed media coaching with the candidate, secret focus groups, and emergency ad-making sessions that alter the message to fit the moment. Following the journey to its surprising finish, it is a story for our time about Americans trying to spread democracy overseas.

http://www.infoplease.com/movies/49654
            Love. Where does it come from?
            from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Originally posted by Dolley
              Anyone heard about this documentary? Have any info about it?

Synopsis: Our Brand is Crisis
              It is not well-known that for decades American strategists-for-hire have been quietly molding the opinions of voters and the messages of candidates from behind closed doors in elections around the world. They have worked for presidential candidates on every continent from Britain to Russia, India to Korea, Israel to South Africa, Mexico to Brazil. With astounding access 'Our Brand is Crisis' unravels like a political thriller, as the film follows strategists James Carville, Tad Devine and Jeremy Rosner -- we witness what happens when America's brand of political message-making is transported overseas.
              never heard of this documentary. thanks for the info! I'll have to check out some reviews/opinions of this film.
              All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

Wow! Even Duct Tape George couldn't wrap his lips around that one! You do remember that Aries is a Canadian, right Admiral? He has no obligation to be pro or con anything to us at all;. He is perfectly free to stand on the sidelines and say what he thinks. Admittedly, that is a scary thought to Bushites, but it still happens in the real world.

It isn't what your enemies think of you that should concern you; it is what your friends think.
                Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X