No announcement yet.

Top Ten Movie Battles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to admit just about every movie I would put on my list has already been named, save one..................

"The Patriot"..............the large battle scenes are well done, but my favorite scene is Mel Gibson's character Benjamin Martin and two of his young sons saving his older son from the British (and pending execution) right after the the evil Col. Tavington killed still another son. For pure adrenalated blood lust it is hard to beat. Perhaps only the scenes from "The Last of the Mohicans" (particulary the final scene) can rival it.

well maybe two movies not mentioned before..............."Gladiator" would make my list too.
    Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I agree Mel's Patriot is a way cool flick. well remembered.
      All warfare is based on deception.
      Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

I've always liked the naval battle in Ben Hur.

Comment

Troy

The Patriot was pretty good, thats one of Mel Gibsons movies that people tend to forgot. I also thought Troy had some good scenes as well.
          Eric Bana is one of my favorite actors and when he fought Brad Pitt it was heart wrenching watching him die.

CD

Originally posted by Lance Williams
          I have to admit just about every movie I would put on my list has already been named, save one..................

"The Patriot"..............the large battle scenes are well done, but my favorite scene is Mel Gibson's character Benjamin Martin and two of his young sons saving his older son from the British (and pending execution) right after the the evil Col. Tavington killed still another son. For pure adrenalated blood lust it is hard to beat. Perhaps only the scenes from "The Last of the Mohicans" (particulary the final scene) can rival it.

well maybe two movies not mentioned before..............."Gladiator" would make my list too.
          "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

By the way, next monday they'll be showing "Alexender" for the first time in the TV in Portugal. I watched the making off and I was impressed, Colin Farrell actually went through a bootcamp... I want to see the final result on that one, plus they have Angelina Jolie in it.
            All warfare is based on deception.
            Sun Tzu - Art of war - Chapter One - Laying Plans

Comment

Originally posted by Cap. Teancum
              plus they have Angelina Jolie in it.
              I guess she's ok if you like hot chicks with great bodies.
              Check out our webpage for our NFL picks http://members.cox.net/mjohns59/

Comment

Oh man I forgot the Curaisser Charge sequence - complete with Highalnder square from 'Waterloo' -Actually all the battle scenes in that movie ... and the music when the French army was assembling at Waterloo....

Comment

I like Zulu, Braveheart, and for my first taste of warfare before guns and cannons, Spartacus. I watched it when I was young, and it's still a favorite of mine, although it sure looks lame now.
                  Love. Where does it come from?
                  from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Williams

I can never forget the awkward silence when that young officer brings a scarecrow to Cornwallis and says "One of our captured officers sir"
                    Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

Originally posted by TacCovert4
                      I can never forget the awkward silence when that young officer brings a scarecrow to Cornwallis and says "One of our captured officers sir"
                      That was a classic scene.
                      Love. Where does it come from?
                      from The Thin Red Line

Comment

Just watched a Korean film called Brotherhood.

This has some of the best battles scenes Ive seen.
                        Lesliesplace forum

Leslies place. Come on in and enjoy the company of a few good people.

Comment

Originally posted by trauth116
                          I've always liked the naval battle in Ben Hur.
                          Ramming speed!!!
                          Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
                          Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
                          http://www.mormon.org
                          http://www.sca.org
                          http://www.scv.org/
                          http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

For all who mentioned "Braveheart" you will love the sequal "Robert the Bruce" dont know why it was never released big.
                            " The Winter War" is another great one made in Finland has all authentic equipment even the russian tanks that where loaned to them from russia.
                            " Captaine Conan " is great for WW1
                            And of course the German movie " The Bridge "

Schultz

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X