The Movie: "Westworld"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Movie: "Westworld"

It came out in the 1970s. It starred Yul Brynner who was a stud, and Richard Benjamin who was a liberal.
    It was a resort where you went to have a good time. You paid alot of money to go there, but they catered to literally your every whim. The guests could play any role they wanted. Most of the people around you were lifelike robots with real like in everyway human bodies.
    There were three worlds to choose from.
    They are:
    Roman World
    Midieval World
    Westworld
    You must choose your world, and your character. Explain your choices.
    Slug
    Roman World
    28.57%
    Midevial World
    28.57%
    Westworld
    42.86%
    Last edited by Slug; 06 Nov 05, 14:35.
    "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

I picked westworld,would rather have an iron on my hip than a sword

character=gunslinger (been reading to much of the Stephen King series)

Comment

Originally posted by Skirmisher

character=gunslinger (been reading to much of the Stephen King series)
      Thats true.
      But think of the wild banquets you could have as lord of the manor. If we took the forum on a tour bus and Eric Weider picked up the tab, we would have a blast. You could be whatever you wanted for a week! Now I know The Doctor would want to be the sheriff in Westworld, make things right and all that, but most of us would like it in Mideival World. Roman World. Many guys here like beer and wine. Actually Roman Banquets would be amusing as well.
      Slug

Comment

My god.
        Can you imagine Blackcloud6 if he wanted to play the Sheriff in Westworld?
        He'd shoot everyone by sundown.
        Slug

Comment

I'd like to go to Medieval World. If I couldn't be King, I'd be a Knight. If I couldn't be a Knight I'd be the Jester and secretly see the Queen behind the King's back.

Dr. S.
          Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

I think I'd have to go with westworld... they played poker a lot there. And then I could get into gunfights and barfights after the game.
            “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Can you imagine Blackcloud6 if he wanted to play the Sheriff in Westworld? He'd shoot everyone by sundown.
              Naw, I'd save a few for after dinner entertainment!
              Blackcloud6

Refighting World War II - One hex at a time!

Comment

Roman world big time!!!

orgies, orgies, we want orgies!!!

no wonder the movie chose the lame West... (wait a minute, there are saloons in westworld.... orgies, orgies, we want orgies there too).

and Camelot is a silly place....
                "Freedom cannot exist without discipline, self-discipline, and rights cannot exist without duties. Those who do not observe their duties do not deserve their rights."--Oriana Fallaci

Comment

Roman world all the way man, and I would be putting my plumbing in as many ladies as could be found

You guys can have yer "iron", I would be having more fun with my wood

Hmm they killed my skirt thread, I don't see this lasting long
                  Life is change. Built models for decades.
                  Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                  I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries
                    Roman world all the way man, and I would be putting my plumbing in as many ladies as could be found

My goodness Aries!
                    I can just see you in a wealthy patrician enviornment.
                    Would you ever get anything constuctive done?
                    Or would you be in banquets and orgies all day?
                    No time for gambling at the coloseum?
                    Sounds great to me.
                    Slugus

Comment

Originally posted by Aries

Roman times? Don't go neglecting the guys either if you want to be accurate to the time period.
                      “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.”

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                        Roman times? Don't go neglecting the guys either if you want to be accurate to the time period.
                        Now that you opened that door...........................................

Comment

Originally posted by Skirmisher
                          And in Roman World, you'd better have the moves of a Michael Jackson, because what's maybe on your hip at the all day banquets, ain't gonna be an iron or a sword.
                          At a banquet in Ancient Rome, I'd hang out if possible with, Russel Crowe, Burt Lancaster, Richard Burton, Kirk Douglas, Elizabeth Taylor, and Oliver Reed. That guy could consume...Tony Curtis? Naaaaaaah.
                          Slugus
                          Last edited by Slug; 06 Nov 05, 15:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Overseer
                            It would probably depend on how free the booze was eh
                            Life is change. Built models for decades.
                            Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
                            I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

I wouldn't go because the robots would start killing everybody.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X