Doom Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom Movie

I put this post here becuase it's directly releated to a very popular FPS.

I was excited to see this movie,but in retrospect,should have waited to rent the DVD.

To me the best part of the whole movie was when they showed it in first person mode for abit.
    The acting was sub par.
    It was way to short. less than an hour I think.
    The marines were stupid and seemingly unorganized.
    The monsters were a big dissapointment,in that there weren't many kinds of them. I expected a variety of demons. (I haven't been able to run doom 3,except a choppy run of the demo,aren't there alot of differen't types of monsters in the doom 3 game?)

Since my memories playing doom are basically doom 2, I was expecting imps,cacodemons,arch viles,revenants,mancubuses,etc.

Originally posted by Skirmisher

I was excited to see this movie,but in retrospect,should have waited to rent the DVD.

To me the best part of the whole movie was when they showed it in first person mode for abit.
    The acting was sub par.
    The monsters were a big dissapointment,in that there weren't many kinds of them. I expected a variety of demons. (I haven't been able to run doom 3,except a choppy run of the demo,aren't there alot of differen't types of monsters in the doom 3 game?)

Since my memories playing doom are basically doom 2, I was expecting imps,cacodemons,arch viles,revenants,mancubuses,etc.
    The monsters are exact clones of a few of the enemies in doom 3. The imp, zombies, pinky demon, and hell knight. EXACTLY like how they look in doom 3. (except I don't think the pinky demon had mechanical wheels, just mechanical legs)

I agree with if there had been more doom monsters in the movie it would have been way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Archamus
      (except I don't think the pinky demon had mechanical wheels, just mechanical legs)
      So did it have one of those things like dogs without legs have?

"OMFG! Pinky Demon! Quick! Up the stairs!"

Comment

Originally posted by Skirmisher

The acting was sub par.

hehe, yeah the film is getting panned by critics and viewers alike...however, from waht I read the film took top spot in ticket sales last week! Of course, we will have to wait and see if Doom tanks or can hold it's numbers...i vote for the latter! haha
        All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

it isnt the best movie for sure, but i really liked it. i think the reason why it feels short is because it takes too long to get to the action. the movie starts off with a bang, but then crawls for a bit, and its not helped by some not so good acting. the movie had some good jumpy moments, it was dark, had some humor, and i like the rock, thats a good mix for me! the best part for me really was the fight scene between grimm and sarge. hopefully there will be a special edition dvd with extras and stuff!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jayedub7423
            it isnt the best movie for sure, but i really liked it. i think the reason why it feels short is because it takes too long to get to the action. the movie starts off with a bang, but then crawls for a bit, and its not helped by some not so good acting. the movie had some good jumpy moments, it was dark, had some humor, and i like the rock, thats a good mix for me! the best part for me really was the fight scene between grimm and sarge. hopefully there will be a special edition dvd with extras and stuff!!!!!
            Im not saying it completely stunk, on a scale from 0 -low/10 -high,I'd give it about a 5.5 or average rating overall. Maybe I was just expecting to much.

Comment

I never saw Doom(at least not yet) Battlefront II and Battlefield 2 are tying up my time right now(I'll see it when it comes out to Rent most likely) but then again some new game might blow me away.

Battlefront II did just that! I'm finally living my dream!

X-wings vs Tie Fighters! and the Death Star!
              "If you can see me, you're already dead"
              -Sniper01-

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X