Dam busters director. The final cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dam busters director. The final cut

Michael Joseph Anderson, director of the 1955 classic The Dam Busters has died. A stirring film. and not his fault the bouncing bomb was still classified when it was made so that some of the scenes are wrong (still sold a lot of Airfix kits)
    Last edited by MarkV; 28 Apr 18, 08:42.
    Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
    Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

The long toll of the brave
    Is not lost in darkness
    Over the fruitful earth
    And athwart the seas
    Hath passed the light of noble deeds
    Unquenchable forever.

Comment

I hadn't realised until I saw the credits again that the screenplay was written by R. C. Sherriff who wrote the 1928 classic WW1 drama Journey's End.
      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

I just recently re-watched that movie. RIP.

Comment

Did any of you guys see the version with a B17 spliced in that gave the impression that an Army Air Corp crew participated in the raid.

It was only about .20 secs long but was yanked out by the censorship board,.. I saw it once as a teenager.....

Comment

Yep, seen that... bit of a naff effort to appeal to a, hoped for, Yank audience!

The long toll of the brave
            Is not lost in darkness
            Over the fruitful earth
            And athwart the seas
            Hath passed the light of noble deeds
            Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X